Answered

Outcome Quiz

Badge

I’ve watched a couple of videos on how to do this, but since going to the ‘new’ Typeform, I don’t think it’s the same process. I don’t see any of these options. How can I create different outcomes for a survey? Similar to the first way they show in this video: https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051791392

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 July 2021, 22:28

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lisa H. Welcome to the community! :grin: Happy you’re here. :) The article here can walk you through creating different outcomes. If there’s any particular point you’re stuck on, let me know, and I’m happy to help create a walkthrough for you!

Badge

hmmm, I don’t have those options. ‘Endings’, I have ‘Thank You Screen’ 

and my questions don’t look like this:

They look like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lisa H. Ah, it looks like you’re using our Classic builder. You should have the option to use the new builder that has the new method to create an outcome quiz. Do you happen to see this option in your workspace? 

Badge

I created a survey with outcomes, I’d like the client who is filling the survey out to get their results emailed to them. Is that possible? I assumed that asking for their email address as one of the questions they would get the results emailed. I tested the survey, and I didn’t receive my results. Please help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lisa H. - welcome back to the community

The system does NOT email results automatically to the user. That is something that you have to establish, depending on WHAT you want to return to the client:

• if you want to create a simple notification email that says, basically, here are the questions and your answers, you can use the Email Notifications settings and create an automated response that goes out when the user completes the survey. you would need to create the content and incorporate the ‘@recall’ fieldnames and variables that you want to have displayed in the email 
  • if you want to provide a customized report ie a pdf document that is branded with your logo and has static AND survey response content in it, then you have to use some other tools/integrations in order to do that ie Google Sheets to accept the data from Typeform, a Google Doc or Slide template into which you will merge data from the survey, and a tool like the add-on for Google Sheets called Document Studio, which allows you to merge the data and the report template, convert it to pdf and email it out to a user. 

There’s going to be some work on your part to set this up, any way you look at it. 

des

Badge

I’ve created a custom response, but I’m having an issue with how it’s addressing the person. It says Hello Kesslers Diamonds (which is our company name) and I don’t have it anywhere in my email layout. Any suggestions??

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lisa H.- are you collecting the name of the user in the typeform? if so, then use the @recall function in the location of your yellow highlight to get the user’s name

just a thought

des

Badge

I tried that, and still didn’t work. Still says ‘Kesslers Diamonds’

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

silly question: did you publish the form? and then take the quiz? 

scratching my head if you did and it did not work.. 

Badge

Well, that did it….I just updated, but didn’t republish! (palm to face)

Thank you for the help!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lisa H. - what happens in Community, stays in Community lol

glad it was resolved