Answered

Text size and video stutter. Can you help?

• 29 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi. Just wondering if there may be any possible way for your team to modify the text sizes between portrait and wider landscape views to be more relatable to the rest of the text on the screen on VideoAsk? At the moment I have to select extra small as the option (which is the option I need to select to get the text to display to what I deem as an appropriate size for the wider screen view). See image below. 

However, when viewed in mobile it goes too small (much smaller than the rest of the text on the screen) and it appears I cannot adapt the sizing to suit from my side. Is this something your team could look at amending so there is a default that covers similar sizing to the answers and subtitles on mobile? I would be most grateful if this is something your team could consider modifying the default settings to accommodate this.

The last thing I have noticed is that on the wider screen embed option as per the screenshot below. When you scroll on the page the video stutters a fair bit. Is this something that is possible to address? Other than these points I am loving the experience so far!

icon

Best answer by Grace 29 February 2024, 11:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ash.NZ thanks so much for sharing your feedback here. 

We have a feature request to be able to customize the size of the text so I will add your request and example of being able to edit the different views too. 

Do you think you could share the link to where you have videoask embedded so we can take a look at the stutter? I’m not sure why that would be so would be good to check it out!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Grace that would be great as a feature request. At the moment it is on a staging site, so I cannot share access to the client’s HubSpot account that it is being built on. It is probably ok for the time being, but will be able to share it when the website is live to see if we can figure it out. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ash.NZ great once it’s live feel free to share the link if you’re still seeing the video stutter 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Grace here is the website home page I have just temporarily published so you can see what I mean. https://21891836.hs-sites.com/#video-form. Please let me know if there is anything your team may be able to suggest to potentially limit the flashing on the screen. It does it for me when I scroll and often when it goes between each step in the videoask.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ash.NZ I’ve just gone through the videoask flow (I think it’s a really great sequence btw!) I didn’t notice it stuttering when scrolling - have you paused autoplay in the settings? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Grace. Really appreciate all your prompt replies! I have tried on a different laptop and it doesn’t seem to be doing it then, so most likely could be something up with my computer and the way it interacts for me. Not to worry! Thank you also for the feedback about the sequence. 😊

On a slight other note, is there an option to only have the widget on mobile only and not desktop? I know there is mention of  an option for the other way around. If so, could you please direct me to where this script would be located? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ash.NZ no worries at all, happy to help!

We only have the code example for hiding the widget on mobile, not the other way around. Unfortunately coding isn’t my area of expertise, maybe there is a developer out there that would be willing to help you with that bit of code 😅