What are best practices with gathering Testimonials via videoasks?

• 18 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone!

I am new to videoask and would LOVE to hear your input on best practices for using this tool!

Specifically I have been using this videoask for video testimonials. Do you have any advice on what has been working/ not working for you?

I’d also love to learn more about any tips on organizing video content, scoring, using folders or tagging.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Thyra welcome to the community and thanks for kicking off this discussion! We’re always keen to learn how people are using VideoAsk, how have you been finding it so far?

I think you’ve already checked out our testimonial guide here:

We’ve also been working on some updates to the filter and tagging features, you can learn more about these updates in the monthly VideoAsk Product Digest posts, if you check out March we talk about the new auto-tagging feature which could be useful for organizing testimonials. 

Hopefully some of this is useful, but let me know if you have any questions! Looking forward to hearing from more videoaskers too, hopefully we can get a good discussion going! 🚀

Userlevel 1

Thank you for these! They’re helpful!

Userlevel 3
Badge

This is such a good discussion to have here, thanks for kicking things off @Thyra!
By the way… @Carol Executive Lion Tamer This seems like a topic you may be able to share some thoughts on too, if you’re up for it.

I thought about this idea, specifically getting people over the hump to actually engage with the videoask. 

Take a look at this and let me know it sparks any ideas or questions for you:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dan_VA - great ideas about how to use the tools to make this work. 

One thing that has been touted by folks in the reviews/testimonials perspective that might tie into what you said about NPS scores and routing: you need to show ‘social proof’ of the testimonial and how they are used on your site/in your materials. 

BEFORE you go to the video component, for those users who give you a 5/5 or 10/10 depending on the scale you are using, you need to be able to show them, as you said @Dan_VA, why, where and how you are going to use the testimonial/video. On your web site? in a FB post? in Instagram post? on a sales page? in a newsletter? 

Explain why you are using the testimonial - “we want to show folks that people are happy/delighted with our customer service” 

Where are you using it? - “we will put the text of your review/testimonial in a sales page with attribution like this “J.D. from Ontario” or “we want to have the 15 second videoclip on the testimonials page of our website”

How: “for a specific promotional campaign for that product/service from April 30th to May 15th - then we will take it down … unless you specifically agree for us to keep it up on our testimonial page”

Be sure that you have a terms and conditions doc available for the user to review in case they are curious - this from our legal advisers

for every method or style of how you will use the testimonial it has been recommended to have a link to allow people to see examples. So create those first, even if you have to go and make the first ones and get them posted - someone in your network should be able to give you a good one to use lol. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Thyra  Just adding onto this convo, we had a great chat with the folks from Wake Up to Freedom about testimonial collection in our first episode of VideoAsk Voyagers, in case you missed it you can watch it here: