Workspace Invaders

[WORKSPACE INVADERS 👾] Meet the man brewing up a coffee-themed t-shirt business with Typeform

[WORKSPACE INVADERS 👾] Meet the man brewing up a coffee-themed t-shirt business with Typeform
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey folks!

Happy hump day 🐪

If you're feeling the lull this week then fear not, here's a little caffeine-injected treat for you to get your juices going again…

Pressing Start on "Workspace Invaders"

We're kicking off a new series here on the Community, which we're calling "Workspace Invaders". It's a space where you – the Typeform user – can show off what you're doing with the tool, highlight your cool use cases, talk about your achievements and share the great things your business is doing.

Turning a love of coffee (and humour) into a side hustle

We wanted to kick this series off in style and who better to feature than community cognoscenti @john.desborough . Des has been imparting his wisdom and sharing experiences with us since day one on the community. Last month he was kind enough to come talk at our Meaningful event and share how he turned his passion for coffee into a business using nothing but Typeform, Google Sheets, and Google Document Studio.

In this video, we'll share Des' workshop where he talks about his solution. He has some golden insights and tips about:

• Using Typeform to validate his idea.
  • Setting up an order form to take payments via Stripe.
  • Using logic, calculator and variables to handle multiple orders.
  • Using Google Sheets with Google Document Studio to automatically generate and send PDF order reports from the typeform orders.
  • Sharing typeforms via Facebook.

Helpful resources 📚📚📚

Here are the links to the articles and resources Des mentions in his demo:

Perhaps more importantly, if you want to get your hands on one of Des' amazing tees, go check out the typeform here.

12 replies

Badge +5

This is brilliant stuff. I’m going to need popcorn and a good armchair to read/watch it all calmly. Hats off to @john.desborough and @James for working on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - don’t forget a coffee to drink along with the show!  yes indeed, though, chapeau @James !

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Cheers @Gabriel . It’s “bean” a pleasure sharing @john.desborough ‘s amazing demo :coffee:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cheers @Gabriel . It’s a “bean” a pleasure sharing @john.desborough ‘s amazing demo :coffee:

@James - seriously? that must have been a ‘latte’ work to come up with that pun lol

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Love this initiative @James and great work from @john.desborough ! I was late to to the live version, so I’m glad I get to rewatch it! Great stuff, everyone! :clap_tone1:

Badge +5

Can we order tees from turn EU, Des? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

yes indeed! we can figure out a way to smuggle them over lol.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is so fun and engaging, @john.desborough !! Thanks for sharing! I didn’t realize you had over 480 phrases….that’s: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - harvester, collector, thinker lol

Badge +5

yes indeed! we can figure out a way to smuggle them over lol.. 

des

Well, I need to go through that typeform again then. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I had so much fun listening to you @john.desborough ! Brilliant stuff. Super smart and super inspiring. Keep up the awesome work :clap:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michaela - thank you kindly. Blushing over here.. lol