Answered

Application + New Hire Onboarding

• 25 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

I used typeform to make an application and I also have an onboarding form (lets users take training and sign the certificates and upload) is there a way to somehow connect/combine them? I do not need a separate table for answers from the 2nd form… I want to be able to save the extra answers under the same user’s data (all answers in one place) 

I want to sync basic info to my website so I could utilize hidden fields and somehow accomplish this but if it can be done here I wouldn’t need to work as hard lol

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 April 2024, 22:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@fcmtdev - if you create them as separate forms and connect them to the same Google Sheet, you would receive the answers to each form on a separate tab. 

as long as you have a means to connect them ie an email address, then you can use an additional tab to bring all the data into one row (automagically) when users enter the forms - using arrayformula() and a little work to set up this type of reporting form. 

there is a workshop in the Community that I did about 6/8 months ago that talks about how to do this for generating pdfs and sending them out to respondents. 

I’ve also done this for a client where they have about 15 forms where data is collected into one Google sheet for an ‘employee record’.. 

des

@john.desborough - thanks for the quick response! I am trying to avoid using sheets since I want to have 1 less place to think about lol but yes if what I am thinking does not pan out the way I am hoping, I can easily do as you suggested and use sheets to consolidate them