Answered

Facebook Domain Verification - .pro Domain

Hey, 
I have a quick question about the Facebook Domain verification:
I noticed that the suggested domain name from the Typeform Facebook Connector for the verifcation looks like ‘XXXXXX.pro.typeform.com’. In contrast, when I open the Typeform I can see that its hosted on XXXXXX.typeform.com.
Is the “.pro” an issue for a proper domain verification?

thanks

icon

Best answer by Liz 11 April 2023, 17:23

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @brnc Thanks for reaching out! I’m not sure where the “pro” is coming from, but you shouldn’t need this in your URL for any verification purposes. 

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of where you see that? I’ll then pass it along to the right team to get the “pro” removed to avoid any confusion. 

Hi @Liz , thanks for looking into this.

Could you pls share your email in a pm so I can send you the screenshots I don’t want to expose the typeform URLs globally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @brnc Oh, I mean a screenshot of where you saw the “.pro.typeform.com” recommendation. I just want to be sure we update any documentation. 

Hey Liz, here it is:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you! Let me check with the product team on this one, as I’m seeing it in my account, too @brnc . I haven’t noticed this before, but I’m actually seeing it now in our Help Center article here. Let me get back to you on this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @brnc Don’t listen to my previous advice above - you will need the “pro” in the URL. This is to help verify the domains on Facebook’s side. Sorry for the confusion!

thanks @Liz !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Welcome, @brnc ! Thanks for teaching me something new, too, ha! 

Hi again, @brnc Don’t listen to my previous advice above - you will need the “pro” in the URL. This is to help verify the domains on Facebook’s side. Sorry for the confusion!

@Liz  How do you get the “pro” in the URL? I have the Business plan and can’t seem to verify my Facebook Domain. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @relizabeth Thanks for stopping by the community! Have you already added the Facebook Pixel to your form? If so, do you mind sharing a screenshot similar to the one above so we can take a look? Thanks in advance!

@Liz I think I figured that part out, where I am now getting stuck is with the attached error. With the busienss typeform, can this only be connected to one Facebook Business manager? 

Follow up question, if I change the typeform URL in this section, does this change the URL for all users on the account or just the user profile I am in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @relizabeth Regarding the URL, that is correct - the URL can only be connected to one Facebook Business account.

As for changing the URL, this would change all of the URLs within the organization. You can read more about changing the subdomain here