Answered

Global webhook

• 29 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all !

I’m sorry if it’s a noob question, but I wonder if there is a simple way in the admin interface to set an URL where the form’s responses will be sent please ? I mean something like a WebHook, but without doing it through the WebHook API ?
One URL by form or maybe one global URL ?

So the process would be : Everytime a typeform is answered, all the responses (the same payload as in WebHooks) are sent to the form’s URL* or a global URL and then my URL will parse the JSON data and retrieve which form is answered, get the responses, hidden files and so on ?

Thanks for your answer !

icon

Best answer by Liz 29 April 2022, 16:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gumball Thanks for stopping by the community! The webhooks have to be set up through each form and/or through the API. We don’t have an option to add it throughout an entire account, but I can share this feedback with our product team. 

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your answer.

I’ve already set up webhooks through the Webhooks API but I think it could be something interesting to have, maybe in the params near For Developers/Block references(?) in the form creation page or anywhere else, so thanks also for sharing this to the product team :) 

Best,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

in an ideal world, we would have a special form_created event that would trigger every time a new typeform is created. And you could use it to automatically add a Webhook to it using the Webhook API.

Would this flow work for you?

Sadly this is all theoretical and fictional, for now 😅

Hi @picsoung ,

Thx for your reply, and sorry for the delay !

Yes it could be better than having nothing.

But IMHO it would be better/lighter to have one global webhook setting unbstead of setting it for all.

Then it’s up to the user in his project to get the formID and do actions for it or not.

Also in the current system, we have to specify an “webhook ID”, so I suppose it gives the possibility to have several webhooks on a form…

IMHO it’s “overthinked”, one webhook is enough and it’s again up to the user to dispatch it in several urls nr not…

That said, I thanks all you for your answers even if after one year of this topic, there is no feedback from product team as @Liz said.

Regards,