Answered

How to apply logic jump/ got to question logic on questions where you want people to select multiple answers and based on the selected answers, all the follow-up questions should appear next.

• 2 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I want people to select multiple answers and based on that selection next questions (grouped accordingly) should appear 
for example Ques A  has 4 options out of which 1,3 & 4 are selected then sections related to 1,2&4 only  should appear. 
Currently in type form go to question logic is only working on 1 answer selection. 
How to apply got to question logic on multiple selections?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 June 2023, 16:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@finding1logic - here’s the approach

on qA:

• if qA = 1 then go to q1 (whatever the question number is..)
  • if qA = 2 then go to q2 
  • if qA = 3 then go to q3
  • if q! = 4 then go to q4
  • otherwise go wherever you want to send them

on q1:

• if qA =2 then go to q2
  • if qA = 3 then go to q3
  • if qA = 4 then go to q4

0n q2:

• if qA  = 3 then go to q3

on q3:

on q4: 

• wherever you want to send them.. 

des

@john.desborough Thank you for you quick reply.

sharing an image to show you how my questionnaire flow looks 

the Logic I am looking for is that 
If from Q1 two options are selected ( for e.g., 2 and 4(grouped question symbol)  then only these two grouped questions should appear and nothing else, and then end with ques 6 and done. 

But when applying that logic by default form is taking continue to next section which is what I want to avoid. Do you think the kind of logic I am searching for is available on Typeform. If not can you suggest any other free tool. 
Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@finding1logic - absolutely!

on your question 2c you need to put in the logic i described so that IF they have chose three they go to the start of the q3 group.. IF they have not chose 3 but have chosen for, then the logic on 2c needs to point the user to the start point for 4 .. and for 5 as well.. 

put the logic i described above on the last question in each question group and it should work for you

here’s the logic map from a ‘single question’ mode of a similar situation .. yours should show show the sequence of questions in the group and a similar path.. 

@john.desborough Thank you,  I will apply the logic shared by you. :)