Answered

How to get "thankyou_screen_ref" returned with the response api?

• 3 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello, I’m using a curl/php to get data from the API with this URL 

CURLOPT_URL => 'https://api.typeform.com/forms/'.$formId.'/responses?&included_response_ids='.$responseId,

I can see that answers are being returned but no information around the thank you screen is and I really need to track this. It seems silly to only return answers without what thank you page the user landed on. I can see via the network tab that there is a “complete-submission” obj with a “thankyou_screen_ref” key-value pair but nothing when calling the API. How do I get this “thankyou_screen_ref” data returned? Or how do I tell what landing screen the user was on when submitting the form?

Please help. My thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by mathio 6 February 2023, 14:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Huco Thanks for stopping by the community!

I don’t believe that this is currently a feature of our API, but @mathio or @picsoung can confirm this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Huco and @Liz . I am not familiar with this. If the API does not return this value, it sounds like a nice feature request. 

In the meantime - if you know the logic to display different thank you screens you should be able to “calculate” which thank you screen was displayed from the answers returned by the Response API.

@mathio @Liz I believe the OP was referring to a field that’s currently available via Typeform webhook payloads. Circled the relevant field in red using a screenshot of my Typeform account. Additionally, it appears that field is not documented in the Typeform webhook dev docs. Hopefully someone at Typeform can update the docs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is a recent update the webhook payload. I hear the documentation update is coming soon.

This is a recent update the webhook payload. I hear the documentation update is coming soon.

Do you have a rough time frame on when we could expect to see this? Expecting customers to “Calculate” what thank you screen the user landed on after setting up the jump logic is very far from the best answer. 🙁 It would be great if the response API returned this information when using jump logic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am sorry, I think I miss-understood the issue here - the field is present in webhook payload, however not in responses API, right? I will ask the team responsible for the API.

@Huco thanks for your question. We will add your request to our backlog. Unfortunately I cannot give any time estimate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stan Petrov Glad to hear it! Are you adding the thank you screen reference to the API backlog?