Answered

is there an option to escape cotes in text answers

• 2 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hy all,

I setup a little API solution to enter details of our typeform answers to a slack channel and to our SASS solution.

I had failures because of typos mainly. Someone misspell their name and added a “ in Mich”el and sending the mail to our slack channel failed.

Is there a way to prevent that ? To check for forbidden characters ?

Sincerely,

Luke.

icon

Best answer by mathio 3 August 2023, 10:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LukeVideo Thanks for stopping by the community! I’m afraid our native integration with Slack doesn’t have the option to check for misspellings nor do we have a workaround for this at this time. 😪

I don’t believe there is a way to achieve this with custom code, but I could be wrong. Tagging @mathio in case there’s a solution I’m not thinking of. 

Thank you for your answer Liz.

I am not using typefrom’s slack integration. I am sending the mail from google app script. Typeform send the response to a google sheet. I might be able top do some checks there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah got it! I’m afraid we wouldn’t be able to help with any custom code of this nature, but if you do find a solution, let us know! Or someone in the community might have an idea for you. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @LukeVideo 

I dont think you can prevent specific characters from being entered as answer. However you might be able to replace or escape such characters in your custom integration.