Answered

QR codes

• 28 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to be able to add a QR code in form respondent emails which can then be presented on a handheld device and scanned at entry to an event. Any suggestions on how this can be done?

icon

Best answer by Michaela 30 March 2022, 13:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BossHog Thanks for stopping by the community! While we don’t have an option to add a QR code directly in the respondent notification emails, you could use a service like Zapier or Integromat to send the emails instead. For example, they have this zap here that might work for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@BossHog - there is an ‘older’ article in the Typeform Help Centre that talks about creating a QR code for an event badge ( at this link ) that might help. 

Here’s a little note about using the Document Studio add-on for Google Sheets: they have a qrcode formula in the add-on that allows you to create a qr code based on the data.. 

if you connect your typeform to Google Sheets and then use the Document Studio add-on, you should be able to generate the code that you need - you can email the QR code/badge to the user from Google Sheet using this add-on

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @BossHog! Hope you're having a nice day! 

I'm tagging @Michaela here as she might have some ideas on how to do that using Make (Formerly Integromat). 

I'm also adding a post that I believe might be interesting to you! Hope it helps! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hola guys! 🍀

So if I understand this correctly, @BossHog wants to grab data from the form submission, compress the info into a QR code and sent the code to the respondent via email. How nifty!

And yep, you could totally do this with Make (formerly Integromat)! I think it would be rude to just jump in without giving you any background. So, here comes the background! Make is a visual platform that helps you to create, build, and automate anything, from tasks and workflows to apps and systems 🤓 Ok, we got to know the product, now let’s move on to the solution. 

In order to achieve what you’re trying to achieve, you’re going to need to work with 

📝 the Typeform pre-made integration on Make

🔐 our native Barcodes app

📫 the Email app 

This is what the scenario could potentially look like: 

The QR code will feature the information that you map from the typefrom submission (e.g. name, address, email address, you name it). My personal advice would be to set the “Scale” to 5. The code is then neither too big nor too small. 

Hope this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thank you, I’m going to have a look at doing this

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wonderful, let us know how it goes 😊