Answered

Quiz that has very specific and varied outcomes based on the answers

• 27 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi! I may ramble because I truly don’t know what i’m talking about. This is what I am looking for in a perfect world:

A quiz for my ecommerce store that gives specific product recommendations. I want it to be very tailored and give customers exactly what they need. It’s hair products, and we have, say, 100 products on the site. I am looking for something that FILTERS through all of our products based on the answers to the questions so the customer is only left with the products that are suitable for their particular combination of answers. So, for example: If someone has curly, dry, damaged hair, by the end of the quiz I want all of the products for curly, dry, damaged hair to show up for them.

I’ve tried a few quiz builders and I really like typeform, but my issue is the “outcomes” need to be set. I need to make the page with the products on it that someone gets as their outcome, and since I can’t make 1 million different combinations of answers to the questions, I’m wondering if there’s an algorithm (like I know what that means) or if its even possible, or if its something I can hire someone to set up for me??

I know I’d have to tag all the products and it would still be a lot of work on my end, I just think if it doesn’t give perfect recommendations for the customer, and its super basic, then there is really no point in offering a quiz.

Pls help I’m going crazy 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 March 2023, 20:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @caitpet Nothing like a case of the Monday crazies! 🤣

You can definitely build something like this in Typeform, though our product doesn’t have the ability to sift through all of the products on your website. 

Like you’ve seen, you’d have to have the endings set in the form using outcomes in advance. 

It might be worth suggesting 1-2 main products and then linking them to others on your website in the outcomes, too. 

For example, you could say something like, “These are the two shampoos you need, and here is a bundle of other stuff that might help.” Then, you could redirect them there and to a bundle or set of products all ready to go. 

That’s just an idea offhand so you don’t have to go too crazy with the logic in the form, but hopefully that helps a bit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@caitpet - as @Liz said, it’s really difficult to map it all out: you would need to create the decision tree on paper first in order to set it up inside typeform. 

realistically you would start from the outcomes - if you want to recommend one individual product, you would have to create the 100 (your number) endings - one associated with each product. 

then you would have to walk back from there to the questions and lay out the logic flow on paper of whiteboard. once you have all the logical flows laid out on paper you can create it inside typeform

if you could do it from the perspective of a few questions in an initial form ie to determine if they need a shampoo, a conditioner or specific hair treatment - at a high level, you could then route them to a second typeform specific to that area that would have another set of questions that would point them to a smaller set of endings for that grouping.. 

[note: i did a quiz for a vitamin company to try and determine the top 5 recommendations out of 29 products and it was about 4,000 logic rules in a diagram that looked like that in the logic map