Tutorial

How to turn Google Docs + Google Forms into typeforms

• 21 October 2021
  • 39 replies
How to turn Google Docs + Google Forms into typeforms

Show first post

39 replies

Badge

Hi, When I don’t see the links to import from google docs (only google forms) whereas the integration is installed

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BorisPathtech We removed the Google Doc option since you can simply copy/paste the questions in there for it to build the form for you!

Badge

Okay, I’ll try that out.

However we no longer can numbered the multiple choice answers.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BorisPathtech Are you referring to numbering them in typeform? If you don’t mind sharing a screenshot, that would be great!

Badge

Hey, No I was referring in the editor. But I’ll try it out that way. the first time numbering did not work but I understood after it was because the answer was too long.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhhh got it! Let us know if you think of any other questions while using the copy/paste method, @BorisPathtech 

Hi,

I previously was able to upload a gdoc. Now when I try to do it the importer for google docs is greyed out. I have the google docs integration installed. 

Any help?

thanks,

SB

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Spellbind I added your post here where we have an update on the Google Docs importer. 😀

My team and I have been working for several weeks in a Google Doc to import into Typeform and I do not see this option anymore. Where is it located now?

I must admit I’m quite disappointed with functionalities disappearing because we invest time and resources in optimizing its use for them to just disappear overnight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LUCASELE I’ve added your post here where we have more information on what happened to the Google Docs importer. 

Hi @LUCASELE I’ve added your post here where we have more information on what happened to the Google Docs importer. 

Hi Liz, 

This way of importing questions is much less efficient than the previous one. It cannot handle  several questions at once and the UX has been definitely downgraded.

Definitely a step back.

As a user of this functionality, I must say I am disappointed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LUCASELE Thanks for sharing that feedback. About how many questions were you trying to import? And did you receive an error message? 

If you have an existing form in Google Docs or Google Forms, you can now import them into Typeform! Take a peek at the video below to get started: 

1. If you’re importing from Google Docs, make sure you have the questions formatted properly so our system can read them. You can view a template with examples here
  2. Next, when creating a new form, choose the option, “Import Form.”
  1. Then, choose either Google Docs or Google Forms and click “Run.”
  1. Now you’ll want to authenticate your account, which gives us access to your Google Form or Google Sheet. Once you do this, you can choose the file you want to import from. 

1. And voila! You’ll see a link to your handy new form with all the questions you’ve created!

If you encounter any issues setting this up or simply have feedback about the feature, let us know in the comments below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @WARSUM WARSUM I hope you’re doing well! Did you have a question we can help answer? 😀