Product updates

Our Google Analytics integration now supports GA4! 🥂

Our Google Analytics integration now supports GA4! 🥂
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12869 replies

Your Typeform data just got better! Our Google Analytics integration now supports GA4! 

Our Product team has made it super easy to integration with your GA4 account. All you have to do is enter your tracking code into the integration settings like this: 

pd9n93foE23klcv7vjvjqiCRRdShu4FXMjJVDT1-JL2hRjTW4rGKpOcjZlnAPeCSKLaY54e0D1GtXOygicxKZsAa6zdBNEO2Z-EOyKRLeQKy3_dMR9ReNWJWOJ-U9kiyJIOp1Ja4HmN4Rr8I2FYUz0E

If you already have Google Analytics integrated, you’ll need to remove the integration and re-add it with the new Google Analytics 4 code. 

As always, if you have any questions or feedback, drop it in the comments below!

22 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

As always, if you have any questions or feedback, drop it in the comments below!

I did not havi time to analyse TF events in depth, but there as been several questions about issues with GA4 lately. I think it would be great if you can clarify in the documentation:

• which events are automatically tracked just with the GA4 integration
  • which events require to enable enhanced measurement in GA4
  • which events need to be passed through GTM as they are considered as custom by Google and won’t be tracked by any of the previous options.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Your Typeform data just got better! Our Google Analytics integration now supports GA4! 

Our product team made it super easy to integration with your GA4 account. All you have to do is enter your tracking code into the integration settings like this: 

pd9n93foE23klcv7vjvjqiCRRdShu4FXMjJVDT1-JL2hRjTW4rGKpOcjZlnAPeCSKLaY54e0D1GtXOygicxKZsAa6zdBNEO2Z-EOyKRLeQKy3_dMR9ReNWJWOJ-U9kiyJIOp1Ja4HmN4Rr8I2FYUz0E

If you already have Google Analytics integrated, you’ll need to remove the integration and re-add it with the new Google Analytics 4 code. 

It would be great if TF team create a document explaining what events and parameters are sent to GA4. The same as the one available for UGA. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jeremielp @HC Marketing The same events sent to Universal Analytics are sent to GA4. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @jeremielp @HC Marketing The same events sent to Universal Analytics are sent to GA4. 

That’s right! I figured it out using GA4 debugview. 

However, I noticed that this integration creates another event named, pageview, which is different than the GA4 default page_view. wouldn’t it be better if the it was something else like typeform_views?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@HC Marketing 👀 Do you mind sending a screenshot of the event? I’ll ask the product team. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@HC Marketing 👀 Do you mind sending a screenshot of the event? I’ll ask the product team. 

@Liz ,   Here are the screenshots from GTM preview mode and GA4 debugview!

Userlevel 1

@HC Marketing Hello, I’m the product lead of our integrations. Can we jump on a call so that I better understand what problem you’re having, how you are using the integration? https://calendly.com/chatwithjuliekim

cc @Liz 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@HC Marketing Hello, I’m the product lead of our integrations. Can we jump on a call so that I better understand what problem you’re having, how you are using the integration? https://calendly.com/chatwithjuliekim

cc @Liz 

Hi Julie, 
Any update on my questions asked in the meeting? 

Badge

@Liz @juliekim I am almost there with GA 4 and the events. But I can still not see in the data layer which questions are answered. I would like to know how my Google Ads are preforming. I can't find a good manual on how to set it up properly. Could you help with this? Have a good day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@HC Marketing do you have google ads set up at all with Google Analytics by chance? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@HC Marketing do you have google ads set up at all with Google Analytics by chance? 

@Liz , 

unfortunately, we’re not using Google Ads. 

Userlevel 1

@Liz @juliekim I am almost there with GA 4 and the events. But I can still not see in the data layer which questions are answered. I would like to know how my Google Ads are preforming. I can't find a good manual on how to set it up properly. Could you help with this? Have a good day. 

Hello, we plan to get to this soon sometime in Q3 as currently we are focused on shipping the new slack and google drive integrations throughout Q2. 

Does the free Typeform account have the GA4 integration? And if not, can you please share custom HTML I can use in Google Tag Manager to be able to track our Typeforms?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Scott HTYC Thanks for stopping by! Our Google Analytics integration is available on Business and Enterprise plans. You will need one of these plans to be able to add this tracking, as custom HTML isn’t something we provide. 

Our Product team has made it super easy to integration with your GA4 account. All you have to do is enter your tracking code into the integration settings like this: 

I said nothing. Nice integration! 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear you’re liking it, @Spacebom !

Does the GA4 Typeform integration require a separate Datastream from the base one, and/or any custom events to be added by the user to function?

I pasted the measurement ID from our site’s current existing Datastream & ran some test submissions (we’re using an iframe embedded Typeform on our website), however I’m not seeing any of the Typeform events listed in the GA4 implementation guide showing up in Reports > Engagement > Events (or listed within my Admin > Events)

I do notice many options for Events / Custom Events in the Datastream setup itself - it would be great to have more specificity on

1. Whether a new typeform-specific Datastream is required for setup
  2. Whether manual setup is needed for these Typeform events to show up (similar to how the dimension instructions are laid out)

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @otter Could you share the URL where you have the form embedded? Thanks!

Additionally, if you aren’t doing so already, you’ll want to be sure you’re embedding the form following the instructions here. 

Can we please get the questions above answered? I too am having issues trying to find the answer to these questions:

I do notice many options for Events / Custom Events in the Datastream setup itself - it would be great to have more specificity on

1. Whether a new typeform-specific Datastream is required for setup
  2. Whether manual setup is needed for these Typeform events to show up (similar to how the dimension instructions are laid out)
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @olf I’ve replied in the post you created. 😀

Badge

Hi all!

I’ve developed a customized version of Typeform tracking.

Here’s the details if some of you want to give it a try.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/solving-frustrations-typeform-gagtm-tracking-elegant-giovani/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @giovaniortolani This is really helpful - thank you so much for writing and sharing this!