Preview

📣 Upcoming Feature Alert: AI Tools

📣 Upcoming Feature Alert: AI Tools
Userlevel 1

Typeformers, it’s nice to see you on the community!

I’m Dan, a Lead Product Manager at Typeform responsible for the form creation experience and capabilities.

We’ve been building intelligence into Typeform for years, but with the release of Large Language Models like OpenAI’s GPT the pace of development is dizzying. As such, we’re focussing in on a couple of areas:

1. How can we make it as easy as possible to build a beautiful, high performing form in a fraction of the time?
  2. How does this new technology change the way we think about collecting and understanding data?

We know our users are busy, and so we’ve been working hard to build out those AI features to build better, quicker. Before we release them, we want to give you a sneak peek into what we’re working on. 

Here’s a preview at what’s coming: 

Optimize question copy

Well written, and concise questions makes responding to forms easier and results in more form submissions. Our AI model analyzes your question copy and suggests possible improvements, making it easier to get that great form draft published.

Automated design

We're also going to make it easier to make your forms look great and stay on-brand. Typeform will update the look of your forms by automatically scanning your website and applying your brand’s colors and logo to the form.

Accelerated form creation

This is one I'm particularly looking forward to rolling out as it will make form creation much quicker. Simply tell us your use case and Typeform will draft questions and suggest integrations to get you a high performing form in seconds.

That’s just the start of it, but we can’t wait to see what you think of these features and the forms you build.

The above features should make it easier to build that beautiful, high performing form in a fraction of the time. But that’s just the start. Keep watching to see how AI will help you build forms that adapt and collect more nuance than ever before.  

Sign up here if you’d like to receive a notification when our AI features are released. 

As always, post any feedback in this thread and let us know which feature you’re most looking forward to using! 

I’ll be around to keep the conversation going,

Dan

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

These features are nice but I think form creation is already slick enough and shouldn’t be a major focus right now. Here’s a few more impactful features that should be higher priority:

1. The “Address” question type 
    1. add ability to hide fields
    2. add ability to use Google Maps API to autofill the address (this will ensure valid addresses are input
  2. “Email” question type: add ability to verify a valid email address is entered in by using an API like Kickbox or Sendgrid
  3. “Phone” question type: add ability to verify a valid phone number is entered by using an API like Twilio or Numverify
  4. Add “gclid” to the UTM parameters

Bug: when you duplicate a Typeform, it doesn’t copy over all the customized messages (in settings)

Typeform would be perfect for running contests and giveaways. Add a feature to “auto-pick” the winner of the contest. See features offered by https://gleam.io/app/competitions.

Live chat doesn’t work for many businesses but giving people an option to simply “text us” would be awesome. See how that looks here: https://www.podium.com/webchat/

Landing pages: allow us to create full blown landing pages in Typeform instead of just “welcome screen”. Allow us to add pre-configured sections like “hero with background image” and “product features section” etc. And the typeform could live right inside the page. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dan Barker - I agree that Formless is going to be a big help to a lot of people. It will help many folks just looking to get started, to get their first forms up and running. 

@JimKeough - i agree with you that a number of these features, if available ‘natively’ in Typeform, would make the product so so so much more valuable to many of us. I also think I can see why a ‘published API from Typeform’ would permit enterprising folks to create those ‘functional lookups’ as value add components in the Typeform ecosystem - I would pay to use a  pre-built integration between typeform’s email or phone fields and validation/lookups to the tools you suggest, if someone created and managed them across all the geographies.. 

lots to look forward to from Typeform and from the developer communities

Userlevel 2
Badge

Excellent !!!! 

Here are some thoughts: even though you have found a smaller number of Typeform subscribers used the “CHATBOT” feature and therefore you are sunsetting it - nevertheless - those fewer people that did use it got good to great conversions with it [check your responses to the post where you told people about the sunset].

Therefore my suggestion is : why not keep or “re-create anew” this feature BUT this time with chatGPT integrated so many more people will use it . 

In summary; it appears to me that many just did not use it [didn’t realize the VALUE] but those few that DID use it actually felt the value and saw it via higher conversations! Therefore I want you to think creatively “in reverse” and magnify this tool/feature either “as is” with ChatGPT encoded within or re-designed anew! What do you think?
_________

Part 2: NEW IDEA: Instead of sunsetting a feature that is getting good results for a minority of Typeform users;

why not magnify this feature now that ChatGPT is here - BUT - learn from LANDBOT dot IO ?

https://landbot.io/blog/how-to-convert-a-landing-page-into-a-chatbot

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @JimKeough and @john.desborough 

These are all super ideas and a number of them are being worked on at the moment.

All of the thoughts around better experience and validation for address/phone/email blocks have obvious benefits and ill add capability to lots of Typeformers!

Just confirming that these things are being worked on at the same time as helping creators build quickly.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Brain - thanks so much for your thoughts around interaction and particularly Chat UI.

We find that the form completion rate for an embedded form in the default Typeform UI is significantly higher than that of a form using the Chat UI experience as it is (we’re talking 5x!). 

AI enables a much more conversational experience so human and dynamic interactions are things we’re working on. Formless is a great example of what we can do… which bits of Formless would you like to see in your existing typeforms first?

A lot of this looks really useful for users who are just getting started with Typeform.

Are there any plans to look at other ways of optimising forms - like multivariate testing functionality?

Also - and I know it’s off-topic - but one straightforward change that would make a huge difference to our use of Typeform would be allowing us to add multiple link buttons on End Screens (rather than the current limit of one).

It would allow us to offer users multiple “next steps” upon completing a Typeform - “Join”, “Donate”, Volunteer” etc. as well as offering some ways to extend custom social sharing of their results.

Userlevel 2
Badge

A lot of this looks really useful for users who are just getting started with Typeform.

Are there any plans to look at other ways of optimising forms - like multivariate testing functionality?

Also - and I know it’s off-topic - but one straightforward change that would make a huge difference to our use of Typeform would be allowing us to add multiple link buttons on End Screens (rather than the current limit of one).

It would allow us to offer users multiple “next steps” upon completing a Typeform - “Join”, “Donate”, Volunteer” etc. as well as offering some ways to extend custom social sharing of their results.

I like both of these ideas VERY MUCH !! It would BLOW all other FORM SOFTWARE out of the water!!! I hope admins takes note! 

But I’ll put my own pet idea here. I’ve always envisioned using Typeform as a e-learning app [it may not be all the bells and whistles but the user/me can use existing features to customize]. Would be great! 

Next idea > then all answers collected and collated into AIRTABLE type of page [within typeform, withOut the need to purchase Airtable and link it ] would be great!

Userlevel 2
Badge

a/b testing would be a huge one! Great call!

Userlevel 2
Badge

That’s all super and thanks for the awesome ideas.

Multi-variant testing and form optimisation is a super idea. We’re exploring different use cases here as there are many ways something like that could develop.

I’ll also pass on the feedback regarding multiple CTAs on an ending screen! Thanks all - love the community chat!

Hello, I have a question about the artificial intelligence. Nowadays, there are multiple platforms that create presentations, text, programming and even images in seconds, using algorithms and gathering information from other users to make this possible. My question is, is it possible for people to use AI to hack or obtain personal information from other users? If so, how can we prevent this?