Your Early Holiday Gift is Here: The Address Field

• 19 December 2022
  • 17 replies
Your Early Holiday Gift is Here: The Address Field
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12702 replies

Hello, wonderful community folks! Your early holiday gift is here - the address question type! 

Built thanks to popular demand, our address question easily allows you to collect mailing information from your respondents, all within the same question. You can choose which fields you’d like to mark as required. Each element of the address question appears as its own field in the Results panel, giving you the ability to hide any fields you don't need to see in that Results panel. 

Take a peek at how the address question works below!

If you use the address question, let us know how it goes for you or any feedback you have. 

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - yay!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Liz - awesome! a couple requests/ideas…

1. Please allow us to hide fields
  2. When I test in Chrome, the form autofill doesn’t work (see screenshot). this is important for ease of use.
  3. The big win here, would be a address field that uses Google Maps API to ensure an accurate address. I’m sure you’ve seen this all over the web like this.

Thanks for consideration

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @JimKeough ! 😁

@Liz  I too would like the ability to fully hide fields (as opposed to just making them not required).

Thanks,

-Rob

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Liz  I too would like the ability to fully hide fields (as opposed to just making them not required).

Thanks,

-Rob

I second this request. You have this option on the Contact card. Could we get this option on the Address card too? In some countries, people do not use ZIP code for example.

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I also second the request to be able to show/hide fields.

I would also like:

1. to be able to provide custom text shown to the respondent for each of the address elements - currently it’s great if you’re a US user but not so good for us Australian users
  2. to be able to relabel the address elements
  3. to be able to provide a list of options for the state and country elements

Thanks!

Martin

In fact, to elaborate on Martin’s request… It seems a generic card with 5-10 fields with user set labels, and show/hide/required options, would allow us to create tons of useful forms via one flexible card.

Just a thought.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @Rjdel and @Martin Keen ! 😁

I too would like to add my support for being able to change / remove the address autofill. In the UK, having a USA address prefilled isn’t ideal. Saying that I do love having the new address question - thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @BumbleRoo ! As this is still a relatively new feature, we haven’t added this option yet, but I have asked our product team if there is any plan for doing so. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @BumbleRoo ! The product team said they’ll add this to their list of items to consider. It’s not a guarantee that this feature will be added, but just know they’re taking note of it!

I noticed that we’re not able to connect address fields (e.g., State and Country) to dropdown select HubSpot properties—is this something that your Product team would consider implementing? 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Justanothername I’ll pass the feedback along to the product team! 😀

@Liz - I’d reinforce @Justanothername and his request to tie these fields to data validation / dropdown properties established elsewhere.

And data validation for mailing addresses here would be huge! It causes us and our customers a lot of friction when they mis-type their address.

https://www.typeform.com/connect/lob/?attribution_user_id=2620d90e-24d6-48a0-9a91-7cd49df8fa13

This page suggests that an integration might be able to address (no pun intended) this issue, but I can’t see exactly how it works at a glance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @isaberg I’ve responded to your other post. 😀

Hey @Liz any update on the feedbacks so far? I was looking for a way to edit the hint text and auto-fills.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @pragadheesh I’m afraid nothing at the moment, but as always, I’ll post any updates here as I have ‘em!