• 23 February 2022
  • 2 replies
VideoAsk Integrations - How to integrate with Lever
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Community Advocate
  • 2027 replies

Hi everyone! :wave:

If you are using VideoAsk to collect job applications the new VideoAsk + Lever integration may be right up your street! Integrating with an ATS like Lever can help track candidates and streamline the application process, hopefully saving you a bit of time along the way.

We caught up with @Cat VA from the VideoAsk Education team who’s been testing the new integration and she gave us a walkthrough of how to set everything up and get the most out of VideoAsk and Lever. 

One of the questions I asked Cat was whether a partial response from a videoask would pull through to Lever, and after testing we saw that as long as the applicant has filled out their email the response will still land in Lever, even if they don’t complete the entire videoask. 

You’ll find full details of how to set up this integration on the VideoAsk help center here and as Cat mentioned in the video, we also have an integration with Greenhouse if that’s the ATS you’re using, and you can find more information on that here.

:pencil:  Are you using VideoAsk in your recruitment process? We’d love to hear how! Plus if you have any feedback about the Lever or Greenhouse integrations feel free to comment in the thread or hit the new post button if you’d like to start a new conversation in the community! 

2 replies

Thanks for this resource.

It seems like this integration works well when this is the first step in the application. 

What if I’d like to use it at a later stage in an interview process? 

In this case, candidates will have already applied, and I would want to send a video ask request and then have the results stored in Lever when they complete it. (Adding it to an existing candidate in Lever)

Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for this resource.

It seems like this integration works well when this is the first step in the application. 

What if I’d like to use it at a later stage in an interview process? 

In this case, candidates will have already applied, and I would want to send a video ask request and then have the results stored in Lever when they complete it. (Adding it to an existing candidate in Lever)

Is this possible?

Hey @Cameron-vow this is a great question! I’m pretty sure that if you map the name and email fields in the integration the responses will land with an existing candidate. They would need to make sure they’re submitting responses using the same email address though, otherwise it will create a new profile in Lever. 

I am just double checking this though, as I’ve only ever seen it used as a first step 😬 I will let you know if I hear anything different from the team!