VIDEOASK CUSTOMER STORIES

💥 May videoask of the month!

💥 May videoask of the month!
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Community Advocate
  • 2027 replies

Hi everyone! 👋

Time for another videoask of the month, and we’re dancing around the May pole with joy to share it with you! 🕺

May’s videoask comes from Community member and founder of Bullet Proof Hustle@Darnell.

Darnell reached out to us not long after he joined the Community to share how he had been using both VideoAsk and Typeform within his business. Here’s what he had to say about using the two products:

What’s the use case?

Darnell has created this videoask to help him with lead qualification. VideoAsk acts as a warm up for potential leads as they can get to know him before they book a consultation,  plus he’s using the redirect to URL feature to share additional resources from his website to help convert tentative prospects into sure fire leads. 

Where can you find it?

The videoask has been very neatly embedded on the homepage of Darnell’s website:

Clicking on the play button will open a modal to view and interact with the videoask. 

You’ll also find the videoask embedded as a widget in the bottom right corner of the homepage:

Clicking on the widget opens the modal, website visitors can choose to dismiss the widget by clicking the - on the widget, or open it and begin watching and interacting with the videoask.

This videoask has been built using the following features:

• Multiple choice answer type
  • Conditional logic
  • Redirect to URL
  • Calendar integration

Darnell is using multiple choice and logic to create an option to Go Back, so once you’ve selected an option from the list, you can always go back to the start and choose a different one. 

You’ll also notice there’s an option to book a consultation with Darnell, VideoAsk has four different calendar integrations available including, Acuity, HubSpot Meetings, ScheduleOnce and Calendly. Darnell has integrated with Calendly which allows you to select a time in his calendar and schedule a chat. 

Congrats to @Darnell for putting together an inspiring videoask and thank you for letting us share it! 💛

If you have any questions for Darnell, or are interested in learning more about the features used in this videoask, let us know in the comments!

We’re always on the hunt for inspiring videoasks - if you would like to be featured as a videoask of the month both here in the community and in the VideoAsk Product Digest Newsletter, send me a DM or tell us about your use case here 🙏

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It’s an honored to be featured here, @Grace and hope my VA (VideoAsk) inspires/encourages others in some way.

In creating it, I thought of my website like a clothing or dept store and having someone walk in, not knowing much about it, but curious pb. As the ‘store owner’, my goal is to guide this person to the most appropriate section/isle so they can get the best help/outcome.

Anyway, very much looking forward to creating more of them (and more Typeforms) as I get more comfy with the cam and as my businesses evolve.

Lastly, I will say that I find VA to be a remarkable product with genuine intentions and helpful demos. It’s really a lovely tool that helps make virtual interactions more human and more like real life.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Darnell - Awesome use of the product! Loved way you branch it out to the playbook page and other key spots on your site!

Well done! 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great case study @Darnell really interested to hear what you’re doing. Those embeds are super smooth. That home page makes it feel like I’m actually meeting you rather than just visiting your site. Nicely done!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@john.desborough appreciate your input! This one was largely built off the demo I found in the app, so I have to praise them on how it influenced mine, ha! An updated, more comprehensive version is in the works.

@James thx for sharing your thoughts! VA made creating the embeds very easy and glad my home page appeals to you in that way. That’s the point! More to come. The updated version will be even more helpful, I think.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oooh I love this!!! It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of @Darnell! The man is pure charisma! 😎

Congrats for everything you've been doing with VA and Typeform! We're very honored to have you here! Looking forward to the next videoasks and typeforms that you (and your wife) create! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral you’re much too kind!! 🤗 - I can only wish to live up to those warm words, now you got me ugly crying, ha! 

Yes, love me some VA, TF, and this lovely community! One of the best places in all of the internet.

More forms and VAs to come, been working on a few forms for a client of mine too. Thanks for all the encouragement and support. It means the world.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

This is awesome 🤩 Nice work, @Darnell !

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

TSM, @Cat !🙏🏾

Celebrating your courage and creativity Darnell 😊 it's one thing to be willing to try these wonderful new ways of engaging your audience...and another thing to do it so well! Thanks for the inspiration.

Karen - Australia (wellbeing coach)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell this is so cool! I want to use this as inspiration for my website!! I love the different options to meet your future clients where they’re at and ease them into booking with you instead of requiring them to book right away. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@KarenActivateWellbeing wow, thank you for all of that, ha! *Trying* is everything. It’s what leads to failure, which is what lead to success. In between each of those phases is practice, right?😉 Happy to inspire you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz appreciate your feedback - yes, the VA demo trained me well, ha! The support here is really encouraging me complete my upgrade. I think V.2 of it will be an even stronger, more helpful lead magnet for my website visitors!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can’t wait to see it, @Darnell !

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz @Grace @James @KarenActivateWellbeing @john.desborough @Cat 

After 241 years (hehe), V.2 of the videoask above is now LIVE, ha!

In Grace’s original post above, the updated videoask is also there for you to preview, but in case you have any trouble, it’s also below.

The biggest changes in this newer videoask flow are..

• More logic branches than before
  • Two (2) distinct flows for creative and non-creative entrepreneurs
  • It’s up-to-date with my current offers & priorities
  • Better lighting & video quality

Would love to know your thoughts!

Preview the new VideoAsk >>

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OMG, congratulations on finally getting this live @Darnell (definitely worth the wait!) 😍

This is such a cool example of how a professional VideoAsk flow can look. Besides the tone and the quality of the video itself, I love how interactive it is – so many options to explore, which is really cool. There are some lovely treats to discover along the way – like the “highlights reel” version of your story versus the “long, windy, crazy road” version - amazing!!!

I also really like how you’ve got the options set to appear on a timer which is great for making sure people listen to you and don’t jump ahead. 

In terms of areas for improvement, I’m genuinely struggling to find any :P One thing I did notice was when you follow the “Aspiring creative entrepreneur” flow you recommend a free workshop and a “smart brand masterclass” in the options, but you only talk about the workshop in the video. As a viewer I felt I could do with a little info on the masterclass too to help me pick an option (although maybe this is deliberate and you’re trying to lean people towards the free workshop!)

Congrats again on such an eye catching, approachable and fun-to-take videoask 💖

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

OMG, congratulations on finally getting this live @Darnell (definitely worth the wait!) 😍

This is such a cool example of how a professional VideoAsk flow can look. Besides the tone and the quality of the video itself, I love how interactive it is – so many options to explore, which is really cool. There are some lovely treats to discover along the way – like the “highlights reel” version of your story versus the “long, windy, crazy road” version - amazing!!!

I also really like how you’ve got the options set to appear on a timer which is great for making sure people listen to you and don’t jump ahead. 

In terms of areas for improvement, I’m genuinely struggling to find any :P One thing I did notice was when you follow the “Aspiring creative entrepreneur” flow you recommend a free workshop and a “smart brand masterclass” in the options, but you only talk about the workshop in the video. As a viewer I felt I could do with a little info on the masterclass too to help me pick an option (although maybe this is deliberate and you’re trying to lean people towards the free workshop!)

Congrats again on such an eye catching, approachable and fun-to-take videoask 💖

@James appreciate it, man!

Yeah, wanted this one to truly be a V.2.0 and so there were several updates to make, ya know?

Re: area for improvement - you’re right! I should def include an option to learn more about the paid masterclass. I think it was because I recorded all these new videos yesterday, out of order, and then, this morning, I had the idea about including the masterclass link. But yeah, I’ll record a specific video for that and then adjust the times on a few of the other videos.

Appreciate your feedback, kind sir!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell this is fantastic! I was a big fan of the first version but I love how you’ve taken everything you’ve learned so far and created this next level version! 😎🙌

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Darnell this is fantastic! I was a big fan of the first version but I love how you’ve taken everything you’ve learned so far and created this next level version! 😎🙌

@Grace so glad you like it!

Who would’ve thought that workshop from last week would branch out into 2 new videoasks, ha!? More of these and typeforms to come!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell you’re on a roll now and nothing can stop ya!! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Darnell you’re on a roll now and nothing can stop ya!! 😁

@Grace