Answered

2 Questions - would really appreciate help quickly

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi. I’m working on a survey which we need to send out later today. I need to find the following information quickly. 
1. How do I see all responses (from both the completed and uncompleted questionnaires)?
2. How do I show all responses (from both completed and uncompleted questionnaires) in an Excel sheet? , 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 7 April 2021, 14:41

View original

5 replies

+thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RobertWare - welcome to the community!

this is from a user who will tell you that you are 50% lucky at the moment: 

you can see the completed responses by clicking on the Results tab and then you have some options available to you. You can download the results into an excel or csv format. 

for the uncompleted forms, however, none of the data is submitted to the typeform engine/database until someone clicks the submit button at the end of the survey, so your incomplete forms won’t be in your list. You will be able to see (on the Results tab) where the drop offs happened. 

@Liz @Mariana - do you wonderful ladies from Typeform have any other pearls of wisdom that could help??

des

Thanks John! Please can you clarify that I’m not able to see any data from uncompleted responses beyond when the drop-offs happened?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks John! Please can you clarify that I’m not able to see any data from uncompleted responses beyond when the drop-offs happened?

you won’t see any data at all for the incomplete forms. my comment about seeing where people dropped off is the point in the survey where they left … but no data is collected on the form as nothing has pushed the data from the browser to the typeform database at that time. - from the image below you can see one of the results page from one of my test forms: views and drop offs

hope that helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RobertWare , @john.desborough ‘s correct that we don’t currently save the responses until they’ve been submitted, so it wouldn’t be possible to view them in a spreadsheet or anything of the like. Though, if you have a longer form, I’d recommend breaking it up into a few forms to help capture as much information as possible using this workflow

Hope that helps a bit!