Answered

Add tags in bulk?

• 18 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to add tags to the results in typeform in bulk, i.e. upload a csv?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 18 August 2022, 23:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vanpancake - are you looking to something like what would happen if you were routing the data from a typeform response into an ESP or CRM platform, where based on the results of the typeform you would add segmentation tag to the record via a variable in typeform? 

Typeform is NOT a CRM and you can’t upload and add data elements to records in your typeform data.. you would have to do that outside of typeform - in google sheets, a crm, a database like Notion or Airtable, etc. 

des

The issue we have is that an overwhelming majority of early respondents to our form were bots. They were able to submit responses even after I added a test question (which we rotated every day). We would like to clean up the source data, but Typeform doesn’t allow for more than 2k records to be searchable in the UI. I’d like to mark the suspected bot responses in a spreadsheet and then append as tags to the records in Typeform so that I can remove them from the results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vanpancake - the good folk at Typeform may have a better solution BUT the best thing to do is to offload the files into a spreadsheet and do the analysis and tagging there.. Then i would Connect the form to a new google sheet and let all the new data come in there.. so that you could tag and clean the data there as it comes in.. 

since  you cannot upload or retag anything that inside of typeform’s data set, you would really have to do this outside

Maybe one way to get around the bots is to also put an image as background on the page that has a “captcha style” string on it that you had to have the user enter as well as the secret code word - rotate both every day and that might reduce the bots but not the spammers.. 

just some thoughts.. 

des