Answered

Aggregation of multiple choice answers causing problems for reporting

• 2 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello community, 

I have connected my typeform form with Google sheet. The goal would be to generate automated reports (on Looker Studio) but given multiple choice questions get aggregated on the google sheet, the report ends up adding an option for each answer people give and does not calculate the total of answers for each option. 

Example: What is your role in the company?

1. CEO
  2. CFO
  3. Sales Manager

Some people may select just CEO others may select CEO and Sales Manager, because they occupy those 2 roles. The report then shows CEO 1 and CEO, Sales Manager 1, when I would like it to show CEO 2 and Sales Manager 1. 

How can I solve this? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 November 2023, 13:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Vicenza Consulting - if you have logic rules in your typeform that provide for scoring or evaluation of totals, then you would have the values you seek in variables in the form. as long as your logic calculations are correct, the values should be right

when you connect to Google Sheets, you are simply getting the answers and variables pushed into the cells. there is NO logic that is carried forward into the google sheet from typeform to do the calculation. 

you would have to set up your google sheet with the appropriate formulas etc to do that work.

if you need to ‘parse’ multiple choice entries from one cell into multiple columns, use the split() function. 

des