Answered

Annoying Google Sheet Warning

• 27 August 2021
  • 3 replies

On the Google Sheet attached to my Typeforms I like to use colors to highlight rows, reformat text wrapping so I can see entire responses and make a few other small adjustments so that I can keep my leads organized and responses easy to read.

But whenever I try to do anything (like highlight a row by changing the background color), I get an annoying pop-up warning. In fact I get it each time I make any of my organizational modifications to the sheet. On desktop there is an option to ‘silence’ the pop-up for 5 minutes – it works, for 5 minutes, but it does come back! and on mobile, where it takes more taps to do simple tasks (like highlighting a row) there is no silence option at all and it shows up on every tap, meaning I may see it 3-4 times while performing a simple action like changing the background color of a row making working on mobile a nightmare.  
It’s not only annoying, but it significantly slows down my work. 

How can I disable this annoying pop-up permanently, so that I can work faster?

icon

Best answer by Paulo 28 August 2021, 02:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BRIAN COWEN Thanks for stopping by the community. Since making changes to the sheet where you’re receiving data can break the integration, it isn’t possible to remove this popup. 

If you need to make changes to the sheet, it might be handy to copy the data to another sheet to ensure the integration doesn’t break. 

I hope this helps clarify, but let me know if you have any other questions. :grinning:

Hi @BRIAN COWEN! This is from another user. :)

​As @Liz mentioned, the one thing I try to avoid the most is editing/formatting the raw data, or the data received through integration with Typeform. It’s pretty sad when the integration breaks.
The popup is generated by the protect range function, and although you can delete this protection in [data→protect sheets & ranges] it's not advisable at all.

That being said, I totally get your need to format your data, so let me share what I do is these cases.
Usually I mirror the data to another sheet using a query function, for example =QUERY(Sheet2!A2:E, "select *") and then format this new sheet to look the way I want. Plus, as I don’t want co-workers or clients to even coming near the raw data, I hide the raw data sheet.

Just my two cents. I hope it helps!​

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah! This is a wonderful workaround, @Paulo !! Thank you for sharing. Sending this to our support team, too!