Answered

Auto Send single typeform report / results / outcome to client

• 28 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi guys!

I am looking for a simple and quick solution for sending the results of the typeform to my client.

I use the template for an intake and i want to send them the outcome as an document or inside the auto respond when they finish the test.

I know you can generate an report but that is with all the outcomes, i just want a single one for a specific client.

Does anybody knows the trick?

Love to hear from you!

Sanne

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 28 March 2021, 22:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Godsanne - this is from a user. 

I don’t know of any way to attach a report to the notification email directly ( @Liz @Mariana from Typeform may know if it is possible) but what I do is push the data to a Google Sheet through the Connect integrations and then generate a custom report using an add-in for Google Sheets called Document Studio.

This allows me to create the report template in a Google Doc or Slides and merge the data, generate a pdf and send the report back to the user as an attachment to a customized email. 

that might be a workaround to you are trying to accomplish.. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your reply, Des.
That is to much work if 50 people fill in the test. :grinning:

There must be a better way!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Godsanne - actually it is not that much work.. it is an automated process that works in the background, regardless of how many people take the test. Once the integration and the Google sheet integration is made, the add-in will run automatically every time a response is submitted. Takes about 30-45 minutes to set it up, create the report template, and set up the configuration.. 

it’s an option. if you can’t find anything else, give it a try.. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, that sounds like worth it!

I could give it a try if there is not an intern typeform possibility.

I was hoping that i could make an personal report under summary.
But you can only make it from all the responses right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

one option you can use inside your typeform, is to present to the user a ‘summary page’ along the lines of the image below - this one is a summary page at the end of a question group, that asks the user if they are satisfied with their answers. if yes, they go to next question group, if no it cycles them to the top question in that group to re-do their answers. 

You can use this approach at the end of your ‘test’ and display the responses (and other variables you have created) to the user - i include a recommendation that they print this page for their records, just in case. 

the option i described in the early posts allows for a more customized report wherein i can add other information that may be of value to the user. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@john.desborough, thanks a bunch, that is a great tip!

Thanks so much for your time!