Answered

Can't connect Typeform with Google Analytics

• 3 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I am running a registration form and would like to know how my registrants accessed my link. I recently discovered UTMs, which sounds like the best solution for what I need. I activated them in my Typeform "Create" menu, and I want to create a few, like utm_source=twitter, utm_source=direct, utm_source= emailing.

Accessing those results requires connecting my Typeform with Google Analytics, which is where things get complicated. As I am new to this, here are the steps I took:

- Creating an account

- Creating a UA property, with my Typeform's URL as the default URL

- Copy/pasting this UA property's tracking ID into Typeform's GA integration.

However, whenever I answer my Typeform with various UTM tags, nothing happens. No traffic shows up on my GA dashboard, and no data is registered. Did I miss anything ?

I keep finding descriptions of what UTMs are and stumbling upon the same Typeform Help Center page, but I really feel like I did everything in order and can't find info on the connexion between Typeform and GA. I also checked for filters on both the Account and Property levels, but didn't see any.

Thank you in advance for your help !

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 February 2022, 04:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Piment Can you share the link to your Typeform? I can then take a peek to see if the events are firing to Google Analytics. Thanks!

Additionally, you’ll also want to double check that you have UTM tags turned on and your form is published. 

Hi @Piment Can you share the link to your Typeform? I can then take a peek to see if the events are firing to Google Analytics. Thanks!

Additionally, you’ll also want to double check that you have UTM tags turned on and your form is published. 

Hi Liz, Thanks for answering ! Here is an UTM-free link. I confirm that the UTMs are turned on !

Strangely enough, I connected my TypeForm to a Google Sheet and the UTM_sources are appearing there, so I at least have a backup plan.

Thanks for your help !

https://lf5da1tbxim.typeform.com/BSS7SO?utm_source=xxxxx

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Piment ! I can see that the data is passing to Google Analytics here: 

If you’re filtering down the analytics and still not seeing the data appear, I would first suggest that the form is connected to the right GA account (if you have many - it’s happened to me!). If it is, then contacting Google Analytics to see why the data isn’t showing would be the next best step.