Answered

categorize questions

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello la communauté, 

j’ai un audit en ligne à paramétrer, et je n’arrive pas à mettre plusieurs filtres d’analyse par question. l’audit fait 48 ITEMS

j’ai besoin de pouvoir analyser chaque item à travers chacune de ces catégories pour faire des moyennes

Catégorie A B C D

Catégorie G, H, I, J et K 

Catégorie X Y Z

Autrement dit :

ITEM 1= A + H + Z

ITEM 2 = D +H+Y 

ITEM 3 = C+ G + X

ITEM 4 = A + I+ Y

ETC 

à la fin je veux faire la moyenne des A, B C & D puis des G, H I J K  et enfin des X Y et Z

Comment le faire ? et si je ne peux pas sur type form est ce que je peux le faire sur Notion ou sur Looker (ex : google data studio ) 

Merci 

-- Google Translation -- 

Hello community,

I have an online audit to set up, and I can't put several analysis filters per question. the audit is 48 ITEMS

I need to be able to analyze each item across each of these categories to make averages

Category A B C D

Category G, H, I, J and K

Category X Y Z

In other words :

ITEM 1= A + H + Z

ITEM 2 = D+H+Y

ITEM 3 = C+ G + X

ITEM 4 = A + I + Y

ETC

at the end I want to average the A, B C & D then the G, H I J K and finally the X Y and Z

How to do it ? and if I can't on type form can I do it on Notion or on Looker (ex: google data studio )

THANKS

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 March 2023, 19:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @carogelin Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by the community. The language of the community is English, so I hope you don’t mind my reply in English. 

I’m afraid we don’t have this advanced of calculations in Typeform, though you could definitely calculate this on Google Sheets using our Google Sheets integration. 

I’m sure @john.desborough also might have an example of doing these kinds of calculations outside of Typeform (while keeping it connected). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @carogelin 

i would suggest the following types of ‘stuff’ inside Typeform:

• create variables for each of the items ie v_item1, v_item2 etc
  • when someone chooses A or H or Z, add the appropriate score associated with that selection to the variable v_item1 
    • assume that question 3 is where the user selects the value for A
      • if q3=A then add A to v_item1
    • repeat for the rest of the questions where the values are added for H and Z and add the points to v_item1
  • that will give you the total value assigned to Item 1 inside v_item1
  • do that for each item and you will have the 48 items with cores

for the average of ABCD - i am assuming you are interested in how many times, on average A was selected 

• create a variable for adding the number of times A is selected  say v_A_chosen (same for all the possible selections B, C, D etc)
  • using logic rules on each question where the user selects
    • if q3 = A then add 1 to v_A_chosen
    • at the end of the quiz/audit you will have the number of times A was chosen in totoal
    • next you need to divide that number by the number of times it could have been chosen - i would do that in a separate stream like this: 
      • if v_A_chosen greater than 0 then add v_A_chose to v_A_average
      • let’s say there are 9 possible questions where the user could have chosen A, then the average would be calculated as 
        • if v_A_chosen greater than 0 then divide v_A_average by 9  (the number of possible questions to select A) 
      • that will give you a decimal number ie 6 / 9 = .66 
      • multiply that by 100 to get the percentage 
        • if v_A_average greater than 0 then multiply v_A_average by 100

do that for all the values. 

if you do that you should have all the averages and values calculated - based on how i interpreted your question .. all in typeform and with the variables submitted into the results

as @Liz said, you could connect the typeform to a Google sheet and do the same set of valuations therein. 

bonne chance

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @carogelin Did the suggestions above help? Let us know if you need some assistance with your logic jumps!