Answered

Change in drop-off rates (now massive)

• 7 February 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve been using the same form for several years, embedded in my webpage

My drop-off rate on the welcome page were 36% for warm traffic and 65% for cold traffic.

These last three weeks I have had drop-off rates on the welcome screen of 99%

I track the numbers of clicks on my links (bitly link keeps track)

This matches the number of people who reach my welcome screen.

Then a 99% drop-off.

Thinking it might be a wordpress issue, I’ve had my web developer rebuild the whole site from scratch.

We’ve checked that the start button is visible on the screen.

But I still have the same numbers with the new site.

Any ideas?

Tara

icon

Best answer by TaraH 15 February 2022, 17:12

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TaraH Could you share the link to your form/site so we can take a look? :grinning:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Link people click is http://bit.ly/ImpostorQuiz

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Huh. I can’t see anything on the page that would be a major flag. How are you directing the respondents to this page, @TaraH ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TaraH - just a thought from the igloo: given all the coverage on The Great Resignation these days, maybe a lot of folks are searching for imposter syndrome (as they are looking how to set up their own gig) and finding your site via Mr Google but not wanting to take the quiz. 

Apparently Tony Robbins had a 5 day ‘become a better you’ challenge that was free and Imposter Syndrome was one of the big topics of discussion and questions. with almost 800k watchers (their statements) worldwide, maybe that pushed a bunch people to search. 

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your comments, John.

Yes it’s true that imposter syndrome is a hot topic right now.

However This bitly link was embedded in a LinkedIn newsletter, i.e my subscribers know who I am and what I do. And the link it’s introduced as ‘take this imposter syndrome quiz’.

However I have also had the link to book a call with me (on the same newsletter ) show the same pattern; lots of people apparently clicking on the link but then doing nothing.

So it could well be a bitly link issue.

I’ll test tomorrow with direct links rather than bitly ones and see what happens.

It’s still super-weird behaviour!

Tara

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TaraH How did the direct links go for you versus bitly? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes numbers of people clicking the link are back to normal, and number of dropoffs on quiz welcome page back to normal too (just me checking the links work)

So it was a butly/LinkedIn issue  after all.

Thanks for your help with the detective work!

Tara

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TaraH Glad to hear that the direct link is working! :grinning: Thanks for letting us know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh @TaraH! I was talking about imposter syndrome with my friends yesterday! Can I fill your form?? Hehehehe :eyes:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sure thing, Gabi.

In fact, you can use the bitly link and see if it works ok for you - let me know if it doesn’t please.

http://bit.ly/ImpostorQuiz

Tara

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @TaraH! I had just did the test and it's very easy and intuitive to complete it! Congrats! (I also asked for my free report! Hehehe). Are you building any other forms at the moment?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Gabi!

I have this quiz and a feedback form I use after clients have completed my programme.

No plans for any others.

all the best

Tara

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, that's great, @TaraH! Why don't you share these forms with us on this thread?

It's great to get some feedback from your peers and our team. We're looking forward to check your other forms!