Answered

Data Deletion

• 7 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I edited my existing lead gen typeform to use the new contact info feature where in one question you can get the persons name, phone, and email and deleted my old questions where i individually asked name, phone number and email, but that deleted all contact info data from old typeforms respondents :( I need that data for lead gen for my business and now I have no way of knowing the name, phone, or email of prior applicants that filled it out. Anyway to get those back?

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 October 2022, 23:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @madsgainz When editing a live form, you’ll want to be sure not to delete or edit any of the questions that have collected answers already. Otherwise, you’ll receive a popup warning you that the data associated with it will also be deleted. 

I’m afraid it’s not possible to retrieve this data once it’s been deleted. 

You can learn more about this and editing a live form here

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@madsgainz - one thing that I learned very early on with Typeform.. a couple of times. 

since then I ALWAYS make a duplicate of a form, so that I have a safety copy, before I make any changes - I always make the changes on the COPY and when I am happy with it, i publish it. 

I also recommend to everyone that they connect their forms to Google Sheets so that they have back up of the data outside typeform. And in the process of getting the COPY above ready to publish, I connect that form to the same Sheet as the original one so that the data is all in the same sheet. That way I can relate the data together and deal with the combined set. 

.. a lesson from the trenches…

des