Answered

Fields in gmail self notification do not all appear in one response and colour of fields different

• 27 April 2023
  • 7 replies

The self notification email that I receive for each response on gmail does not spread out all the fields in long responses (many fields) and some fields are hidden under 3 dots (…) and remain so even when shared.   If I click on the dots, all the fields appear but if I share the email as pdf for example, the response is shared as compact and not expanded. The receiver therefore cannot see the hidden fields. 

Also some fields appear dark black (normal) and some appear light in colour (do not know what it means). I think these 2 issues are related. 

icon

Best answer by Liz 1 May 2023, 16:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KineAloBio Could you send a screenshot of what you’re seeing? Thanks in advance!

Hi Liz

I’m sending you screenshots of the emails I receive from Typeform notification after a customer has submitted a response. 

So you will see that some fields in this customer’s response are black and others are grey. I don’t know what the Colour difference mean. Do you?

Also, the response ends with the field ‘citron’ it seems but there are 3 dots below that field.

When I click on the 3 dots more fields appear. So these fields were hidden.

When I send the responses from gmail to my colleagues as pdf, the hidden fields remain hidden and data is lost.

Sometimes below the fields it says ‘hidden text’.

I have tried to look in gmail settings to fix that but could not find anything.

Is is because of the phone. I use an iPhone for work and to send the emails as pdf via WhatsApp to my colleagues.

It is really frustrating and it creates a lot of errors.

Kine

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

think this might be a Gmail setting, @KineAloBio , but I’m not 100% sure. Do you mind also sending over a screenshot of how you have the notifications set up in your builder? Sorry for all the screenshot requests!

Hi Liz

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. I was very busy.

So here are the screenshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No worries at all! Hopefully you’ve been a good kind of busy, @KineAloBio . I believe this is a setting in Gmail. When you receive an email from the same email address, it shows with those 3 dots to unfold the previous emails and also grays out past emails. 

I tried to find an example on my phone, but I use the Mail app on iPhone to show my emails from Gmail, so it looks slightly different. 

If you look at the email on desktop, it should automatically unfold all of the past emails. 

Ok, so I should send the emails to my colleagues via my desktop only?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KineAloBio I’m not quite sure I understand the question. The issue looks to be how Gmail shows your emails on desktop versus mobile. If you don’t prefer the mobile view, then definitely take a look at the emails on desktop!