Answered

GA4 Attribution to avoid 'Direct Traffic'

• 3 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi friends,

I am sure this topic has been around for a while and sorry if I repeat it.

But, we are experiencing a tracking issue. On our site: www.NATULIQUE.com we have Typeforms everywhere. It is triggered by clicking the “join us” button, and it is loaded via the Vanilla Javascript in Tag Manager. It should load in all UTM and more. 

Here’s the kicker:  We distinguish a conversion on our very first answer to the form: private vs. professional

Because of this, the actual conversion is counted on the “Thank you page” based on the variable of professional/private which is send as a URL parameter to this page. Google Tag manager handles the lead and send it to GA4.

We’ve excluded Typeform as a referral source, but all conversions now shows as ‘Not Set’. 

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 July 2023, 05:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Søren Kjelstrup Thanks for stopping by! Do you mind sharing a screenshot of how you’re looking at the data in Google Analytics? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Søren Kjelstrup Thanks for stopping by! Do you mind sharing a screenshot of how you’re looking at the data in Google Analytics? 

Yes, absolutely: 
(Keep in mind we use other forms as well as Typeform, and those are attributed correctly).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Søren Kjelstrup ! Let me ask our tech team about this, as I’m drawing a blank at the moment, but I’m probably missing something obvious that they can hopefully catch!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @Søren Kjelstrup ! Our tech team took a look at your website, and it looks like not all of the forms have been re-integrated with Google Analytics 4. You’ll want to check each of your forms to be sure they’re connected to the latest version, and if that doesn’t solve the issue, please let us know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Søren Kjelstrup how’s it going? Did you manage to re-connect your forms with GA4? Let us know if you still need help with this one 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

After some back an forth with the UTM setup in the JS, we made it work 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah glad to hear it, @Søren Kjelstrup ! If you’re open to sharing your solution, it would definitely be helpful for others in the community!