Answered

How can I download a complete form from a client in Microsoft word?

• 20 June 2021
  • 2 replies

How can I download a complete form from a client in Microsoft word? 

icon

Best answer by Michaela 25 June 2021, 08:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Chima ,

Welcome to the community from a fellow community member. 

This feature is not currently available however an easy work around is to send the responses in an email to you then copy and paste from there into Word. 

You would need to go to Settings within the Typeform, Notifications, Notify Me then toggle Email Notifications ON. In the message body, if the field “ALL ANSWERS” isn’t already listed, add it by clicking the + in the right corner of the message body and selecting ALL ANSWERS. 

With this activated, you’ll receive an email from each responder with all their answers. 

Would this work? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello everyone, happy Friday!

Oh, and hi there @Chima, welcome to this amazing community :relaxed: 

So there is currently no native way of doing this but you could work some magic with Integromat. It’s a no-code platform that lets you automate all kinds of fun stuff :clown:

I would personally recommend combining Typeform and Google Docs in order to achieve this.

• You would start the automation with the ‘Watch Responses’ Typeform module. 
  • You need to have a template in Google Docs ready with {{.....}} variables. That’s where the data you want to get from the form submissions will go. A while ago, I was playing around with something similar and I was using a super basic template. Pasting it here just to give you an idea:
  • In Integromat, you will then add the ‘Create a Document from a Template’ Google Docs module. Within the module, you’d then map the values from the  form that you want to push into the template. 
  • Now you can add the ‘Download a Document’ Google Docs module. It’s going to ask you what format you want to download the file in.
  • After that, you can send the created doc as email attachment to yourself or to your customers (or both :relaxed: ). You’d add the ‘Send an Email’ module and in the ‘Attachments’ field, you would then map the created doc from the previous module.

The final scenario might look something like this:

Extra suggestion: You coul also add a ‘Delete a FIle’ Google Drive module in order to delete the doc. Or maybe you want to keep it, just making wild assumptions here :slight_smile: 

Anyway, back to the most important stuff - have a great upcoming weekend, friends!