Question

How do I customize the winning_outcome_id

• 10 July 2021
  • 6 replies

I have created my typeform to have two different endings depending on users responses.

Ending A, says the client would be a good fit for us, and Ending B, says the client is probably not the best fit for us.

I would like to customize the winning_outcome__id when connecting my typeform to Notion, so that depending on whether the user gets ending A or ending B, I am able to see in my data sheet where the typeform answers are populated if the client would be a good fit or not.

how can i do this? I cant figure it out any where thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ZenkiDojo Welcome to the community! Would you mind describing a bit more in detail how you’d like the data to be displayed in Notion? I think that will help me answer the question better. 

Also adding @picsoung to this since they’re the Notion expert!

Hello! 

Yes, for example, we would like when the questionaire is finished, to populate not only the answers to questions but to determine if the users is “qualified” or “not qualified” but currently it is populating a random string of characters as the “outcome_ID”

I was able to do something similar with the numeric calculation, and then in notion I just made number past 6 for example green to indicate “qualified” and numbers 5 and under red to indicate “not qualified” 

But I am wondering if there is a way to do this with the outcome_ID and instead of having a string of random numbers and letters, i can customize the output to words instead. Please advise if this is a possibility or if you need more clarification. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ZenkiDojo Ah, got it! It isn’t possible to change the data sent from Typeform, as the Outcome ID is a random string, but I can share this feedback with product! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ZenkiDojo @Liz 

i think you can do this fairly easily if you create a text variable called v_ending (or something like that) and on the question prior to the user hitting the submit button, you update the v_ending variable with the appropriate text - in this case qualified or unqualified. when the user hits submit, that will record the variable in the output (shows on the results tab in typeform as well as in integration with google sheets, etc.)

that seems to me to be the way to get that easily without having to generate an outcome code..  here’s a way i did it on one project 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Of course there was a workaround for this! Only @john.desborough would have the mind to think of this. :grin:

Let us know if this works for you, @ZenkiDojo !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - that was voice #2 of 7 in my head… (and had previously been asked in the community but i could not find my other answer lol)