Answered

How to append ConvertKit data to Typeform responses

• 27 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey everyone

We ran a survey, got 500 responses. We thought some tracking was being passed over to let us identify responses back to our subs base (email address, find location off the back of that, etc).

That isn’t happening, I just have the random unique identifier tag from the TypeForm data, and can’t match that back to any of our records. We didn’t ask for email address in the survey (again, thought we could match that back somehow).

So my question is, with the random identifier that TypeForm has given each response, is there ANY way to match that back to who clicked the links in our emails, which we can then match to records on our base, and layer up subscription data?

Thanks so much for any help.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 April 2022, 14:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@GraceAlts - from the trenches of user and client work, I don’t think so. 

Best thing to do, next time, is to ensure that the link you send to folks (from your crm) has the email added to the URL using the appropriate {{subscriber.firstname}} tag/field appended in the structure as follows: 

typeform_link#email={{subscriber.firstname}}   - that will pass the email identifier over.. 

then in your typeform create an hidden field variable to ‘accept’ the inbound data… you can then track the users by matching the hidden variable data (the email addresss) back to your subscriber set. 

des