Answered

How to link response's from 2 forms

• 14 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello! I have linked two typeforms so that when a user completes the first one (registration data), I collect their information and instead of ending on a final screen, I redirect them to a URL that is another typeform where they can select an option. I have programmed both typeforms to automatically download the responses to a Google Sheets. My question is: is there a way for the response to the second typeform to be linked to the first one so that I can identify which user has selected each option? Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 15 February 2024, 00:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @HobeenTeam If you’re trying to link the two forms within the Google Sheet, I don’t believe there’s a way to do this offhand, but @john.desborough (master of Google Sheets) might be able to confirm!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@HobeenTeam @Liz - you would need to pass an identifier from the first form to the second as a hidden field ie email address, so that you can use the email address in both forms to link the data

you would have to use a ‘separate’ tab in the second spreadsheet (my recommendation) to pull the data from the main typeform tab (using arrayformula() function) and then do a look up to the ‘other form’ data using the email address as the lookup field and then bring the associated data from that row/sheet into the reporting tab… 

there are a bunch of examples around that show how that might work - including a couple of workshops where i’ve shown that.. 

des

Thank you very much! I'm going straight to look for those tutorials!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @HobeenTeam !