Answered

How to make student redo a question?

• 28 September 2022
  • 7 replies

I’m using typeform to create a test for a course I’m building. I’ve set up Logic so that if the student answer the correct answer, they move onto the next question. There is an option “In all other cases go to...”. I want to set it so that if they student does not answer the correct response, they have to redo the question until they get it right. How can I do that? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 September 2022, 17:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hilaryaskew You could set the logic jump to go backwards in the form. One thing to note is that, if you send them backwards to the same question, this will overwrite their previous response. 

Thanks - I don’t see how I can send them backwards in the form to the same question? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hilaryaskew You would need to set up a logic jump that would do this, kind of like this: 

But what if I don’t want them to go back to question 1...I want them to redo question 2? I don’t want to send them back to the previous questions. Rather I want them to redo the current question. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hilaryaskew In order to tell the respondent the data they entered into a question is incorrect, you would probably want to use a statement for this, which would follow after they submitted their response. 

I made a sample form here for you to try out what I’m thinking! 

The logic looks like this: 

That works!! Thanks so much :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wahoo! Glad to hear that worked, @hilaryaskew . Let me know if I can help with anything else. 😁