Answered

Mailjet & hidden fields

• 8 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I’am using Mailjet to distribute my emails. This tool has merge tags aswell.

With the use of hidden fields in typeform and the merge tags in Mailjet, I can customize the form and know who filled it out (hidden field: email address). It all seems to work, but when I download the responses I don't get the desired information. I only see the merge tags. 

Am I missing something or is this feature only possible with Mailchimp.

Hope you can help.

Thank you in andvance!

Allan

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 October 2021, 20:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Allan Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by. Could you provide more information as to what information you aren’t receiving? Any screenshots would be helpful!

If I go to the Results > Respnses, the information linked to the hidden fields is not showing.

Only the merge tags from Mailjet are showing, not the actual email, name and contact information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, got it, @Allan ! I would suggest checking with Mailjet to see why that data isn’t passing into the URL correctly. Since they would have access to your email account, they can take a peek at the emails you’re sending to be sure you have the merge tags setup correctly. 

Hi Liz,

thank you for your reply. I will contact Mailjet to see if they can help me further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know what they say, @Allan !

Hello Liz,

I'm still trying to make it work with the support team of Mailjet. Unfortunately I'm not getting any further.

I tried something else. I tried to send an email with mailjet not with the Typeform embedded in the email, but with a link (button). Changed the hidden fields (xxxxx) in the URL with the merge tags of Mailjet and now all the needed information is coming through. 

Could it be that when I embed the Typeform in the email, the data isn't passed on because I'm using a free plan Typeform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Allan Glad to hear that the information is passing through! The email embed should work with any Typeform plan, so it sounds like this might be more of a restriction with the code in Mailjet rather than your Typeform plan. :\