Answered

Multiple different follow up emails based on specific selection of answers

• 16 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, this is my first time posting so apologies if I haven’t got the lingo right!! Here goes:

For my Typeform users are able to select multiple answers at the end. I would like to generate an email tailored to their selection. So for example if they select A, B and C on the positive question and D on the negative they get one email. Another user could select A on the positive and C on the negative and get a different email.

As there are two sets of four answers and the user can select as many as are relevant there are a potential 51 endings I would like to be able to send them. I’ve tried setting this up with trigger set conditions and on testing have been sent 9 of the ending emails. I would like to restrict it so you ONLY get the relevant email to your specific selection of answers

Thank you in advance for any advice!

icon

Best answer by James 20 June 2023, 11:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ltask123456 Happy Fri-yay! Welcome to the community! Have you seen our article on follow-ups? This would be exactly the feature you’re looking for! 😀

Hi Liz,

Thank you for your reply and happy Monday!! I can’t see an answer in this page. 

My problem is that respondents are receiving several emails (up to 9) because of their choices and my triggers. When they only need to receive one. I only want them to get an email if ALL the conditions are met

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @ltask123456 , have you tried isolating purely the answers they select for each question by using the “is not” filtering as part of the conditions?

So, for example, in the example you gave it would look like this:

I tested that and it only fired the email when I select A, B and C for Q1 and option D for Q2.  I tried a bunch of other combos and it didn’t send anything. Could this be a solution, you think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ltask123456 -- your logic rules seem to be missing conditions, from what i can tell at this point (without seeing a screen shot of them)

they should be something like this, for the example you mentioned above

• if q1  = A and q1 =B and q1=C and q1 not equal D then go to this ending 

that’s the sort of rule you would need to have in place. to reduce the number of possible emails they are getting. 

des

Thank you all for your help!! You’re right I just needed to include the “is not” option. So simple it hurts 😁

What really hurts though is going back through the 52 possible email outcomes and adding all these rules!! 

Thank you thank you have a great weekend!!

Lucy x