Answered

Psycology test with automation

• 29 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello guys,I would like to create a questionnaire.You know the psychological tests?The ones where you answer the questions and, in the end, receive a report describing all your character traits?I would like to do something like this.I thought about this structure:50 or 80 questions with answers (opinion scale) from 1 to 5.1: I totally disagree2: I totally agree.At the end the email is asked to receive the report.My questions are:How can I automate the process of sending reports by email?I don't want to send each report manually.Second question:I would like to combine a score for each category of questions and for each category, possible descriptions.Example:Character:1 to 10: Shy10 to 20: Shy but who lets himself go with loved ones.From 20 to 30: Social.Etc...Then all the other categories.Is there a system that brings together possible descriptions based on scores?All in one report / single text?

Thank you so much to everyone who will answer to me.

icon

Best answer by Liz 29 November 2021, 17:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LeviBrab Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. Sounds like quite the personality test that you’re building! If you haven’t already seen, we have a personality quiz template here that might help you get started. 

Depending on the report you want to send, you have a few options. One would be to use our respondent notification feature, which would automatically send emails for you. You can read more about that here. 

If you want a fancier, more personalized report, I’d take a look at the post below which has some examples of what you can do: 

As for scoring, you would first want to setup variables on your form, one for each section you’d like to score. 

Then, once you have the variables setup, you’ll need to use logic to assign points for every question. 

Lastly, this article here can walk you through creating a personality quiz step-by-step!

Hopefully this helps get you started! Let me know if you have any questions along the way. :grinning:

Hi @LeviBrab following your question here - I have the exact same conundrum just in the field of Occupational Therapy. Did you succeed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ElementalSense Thanks for stopping by the community! While we wait to hear from @LeviBrab , let me know if you check any of the articles above to help you out!

Hi, I’m also working on a psychology questionnaire. I’m using multiple choice questions, where each answer is assigned a specific number of points. Is there any way for the assigned points to be gathered in an excel file instead of the literal answers given? That would help me a great deal with statistical analysis later. I’ll be very grateful for help.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @halinabluszcz

I think you could easily solve this within Excel. I assume you have a list of multiple-choice questions and associated points that you can reference. If you paste that into excel in a new tab you can simply add a column called “score” next to the column with your typeform responses and use excels VLOOKUP formula to find the correct score from the reference table. 

Hey @Tino_P 

thanks for the tip! I’ll do that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @halinabluszcz !