Question

Received feedback that the multiple response-"other" field is difficult to fill in.

The field for “other” is a small square that is awkward to fill in. Has anyone else figured out a solution for this issue?

I’ve gotten this feedback from 2 people so far. This may be a problem related to answering this question on an IPad.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ferris - welcome to the community from a fellow user

can you show a screen shot from the user? or provide a link to check out the survey on an ipad and we might be able to provide a little more insight.. 

thanks

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

any chance you could show the full screen shot and not just that wee snippet… 

just to get a little context

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ferris hope you’re doing well! Just popping by to see if I can help. Do you mind sharing the URL of the form and the device you’re testing on? Happy to help take a look, too!

Anywhere it has an “other” box field. I think the issue was mainly on ipads/mobile? A person wrote it that it was a “pain.” (Probably for longer answers?) Wish I could change just the “other” field to be more horizontal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ferris  - I can see the potential issue on a mobile - by using the picture image to capture ‘other’ information, the real estate is going to be very limited on a mobile and probably not terrific on an iPad mini in a vertical orientation… 

you would get more real estate to work with if you were using the multiple choice question with ‘other’ option

des