Answered

Self Assessment pdf

• 28 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to create a self assessment questionnaire and generate a PDF with individual results

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 31 May 2021, 12:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MV11 welcome to the community! We may have a solution for you here: 

And we also just released this workflow here, too: 

https://community.typeform.com/tips-inspiration-45/workspace-invaders-meet-the-typeform-that-s-saving-scientists-6-months-of-work-1800

Would either of these solutions work for you? :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - just a note that both of the links point to the same thread post. 

@MV11 - i do this sort of assessment in the data quality/data governance domain and have set up my typeforms to connect to a google sheet where i can create additional tabs, import the data and do transforms etc before incorporating the results into a customized report for the user. To do the report, I use an add-on to Google Sheets called Document Studio which allows me to merge the data into a template created in Google sheets/docs/slides, generate a pdf of the report and send it via email to the user. 

is that the sort of work flow you are trying to accomplish? 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz - just a note that both of the links point to the same thread post. 

@MV11 - i do this sort of assessment in the data quality/data governance domain and have set up my typeforms to connect to a google sheet where i can create additional tabs, import the data and do transforms etc before incorporating the results into a customized report for the user. To do the report, I use an add-on to Google Sheets called Document Studio which allows me to merge the data into a template created in Google sheets/docs/slides, generate a pdf of the report and send it via email to the user. 

is that the sort of work flow you are trying to accomplish? 

des

Hey des,

I’m curious where the connection takes place. Does the data you add to the PDF come from direct from your Google sheet/doc/slide or from Typeform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vickioneill - the process works as follows:

• Typeform inserts the data in the Google Sheet 
  • I typically use a second tab for ‘reporting’ where i change the field names from the (typically) long question text to something that is shorter and easier to use in a merge document, along with any transformations and additions t columns of data (ie calculated fields, lookups, etc)
  • I have created an output template document with the formatting and structure that I want to provide to users - the locations for the data from the record are indicated by using the column names (from the reporting tab) in curly brackets ie {{first_name}} - usually a Google Doc or a Google Slide
  • using Document Studio (add-on to Google Sheets) I set up the File Merge - you do this on the ‘reporting’ tab where it asks you to select the template document type and identify the file, the system asks you to identify the output type - I always use the PDF option - and to provide a name for the file
    • the add-on also allows you to set up the customized email and attach the pdf file to the email
  • You then can test the merge option for both the file generation and the email to ensure that the data from the record is properly merged with the template into the pdf file
    • I set this to operate ‘hourly’ on an ongoing basis so any new submissions/requests will have the pdf file generated and sent to them within an hour, depending on the timing of when the data hits the spreadsheet 

hope this helps. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough updated the links - thank you!