Answered

Send PDF with only the answered questions

• 20 September 2021
  • 2 replies

So, i have a Typeform with branching and calculations that lead the respondents in different ways after the first question. 

I want the respondent to get an e-mail and a nice looking PDF with the answers, but only the answers to the questions that appeared to them during the typeform. 

I’ve followed these instructions (but used Google Docs instead of Slide):

It works, but heres the problem… I know i can get the answers by writing all the questions like this {{Question}} but then I get a bunch of blank rows where the markers for unanswered/irrelevant questions is.. And that doesn’t look very nice. 

I also would like it to look like this in the PDF:

Here is question one: Answer to Question one

But if I write it all out like this:  

Here is question one{{Question one}}

Here is question two{{Question two}}

and question two wasn’t a choice for the respondent, i don’t want it to show at all. 

Sorry if i describe it poorly. It would be a very nice feature to be able to send results to respondents in an easier way directly from Typeform in the future ;) 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 21 September 2021, 20:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sneck Thanks for stopping by, and you didn’t describe this poorly at all! I understand. :grinning:

When recalling information, if the respondent hasn’t answered a question, a blank will appear. It isn’t possible to remove the recall if an answer isn’t provided. I know that’s not the answer you’re looking for, but hopefully this confirms it isn’t currently possible. Though, I’ll share this feedback with our product team. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@sneck ( @Liz ) - in terms of creating your output report (ie a merge between Google Sheets and Google Docs), you can find some hints in this article https://www.labnol.org/conditional-email-merge-fields-200626

you could create a second tab in your Sheet and add a ‘question x’ column before each of the answers (ie question x answer) and have the condition set up that IF there is an answer in the answer field then display the question text in the ‘question x’ column, otherwise leave it blank… then have your report template set up to merge in both the question x and the question x answer fields IF they are not blank. 

this will require some effort to set up the google sheet tab and the conditional logic but then once complete, you would have a ‘clean’ report with no “question 3: _______” for example. 

just a thought

des