Answered

Showing hidden fields in responses

• 3 January 2022
  • 8 replies

I have encountered an issue where a hidden field used in the a question will not show in the results.

For instance I have a question “Is @propertyaddress the correct address for this listing?”. While it will show the hidden field properly when someone is filling out the typeform, The value will be omitted from the question in the response and just show as :

The value will show further down in responses, but I would like it to show in the actual question.

Is there a way to make this information show?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 4 January 2022, 18:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JakeH - welcome to the community. 

can you please describe how you are passing the hidden field to the form ie as part of a url string and show a screen shot of the question you mention and the logic rules you use to populate the hidden field if you are not passing it in the url. 

thanks

des

@john.desborough 

Below is a screen shot of the question and logic. The propertyaddress is added to the typeform link and will be unique to the particular listing.

We are using this typeform to collect information for brochures. In the past, we would have the user manually fill out the address/their name, but if we can tailor the questions to their specific listing that would be ideal. However, the output of the typeform needs to show the address/listing agent’s name with the question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JakeH - thanks for the info. 

Have you published the form and tested the url that is sending the address to the typeform? 

if you have and can share that link, it would help in testing it out. 

des

@john.desborough 

I have tested the url. Below is a screen shot of the responses:

I would like the “Is ___ the correct address for this listing?” and “Is ___ the listing agent?”  to show the value of the hidden field.

A url that you can use to test the typeform is
https://visualmarketinganddesign.typeform.com/to/yDXyWo9X#propertyaddress=456 Fake St, Edison, NJ, 08817&agent=Jacob Haiken&childticket=75478

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

this is what i see:

looks and works fine for me.. 

remember that you have to capture the hidden field parameters into your downstream application ie your crm or listing database. if you are connecting your typeform google sheets, for example, you will find the url-passed data in appropriate columns NOT in the the question response field .. if the user says Yes to correct on both. 

The questions work fine, but I need the hidden fields to show inline with the questions in the responses. I was hoping that there was a way to show the hidden fields within the question to avoid this issue. If there isn’t, then I will have have the agents input the address and names manually.

The responses to the survey are being pushed into our Zendesk CRM using Zapier. It is going to be too confusing for our copy writing staff to see “Is the listing agent” then having to scroll down to the hidden field section to see who the actual listing agent is.

Would there be a way to map the hiddenfields onto variables and then have those show in the response output?

Below is the output within our CRM:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

so to make it more specific - you would like the hidden variable content to be used in the RESPONSE to the question. That isn’t possible inside Typeform at this time. 

you would have to map the hidden fields to the crm fields via zapier. 

Okay, thank you!