Answered

Update Survey Questions - Google Sheet integration

• 10 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’d like to update the questions (remove/add) on an existing survey. We currently have the survey integrated with Google Sheets so that we can view results in the Gsheet. What are best practices to update the survey? Do I create a new sheet within the existing Gsheet to capture results against the new questions? Ideally, I can just update the existing and not have to create a new Gsheet or survey. 

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 June 2021, 21:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Segment thanks for stopping by the community! We have a handy article here that has some best practices for editing a form that’s already collecting responses. 

The biggest note to take is that, if you’d like to save the results, you’ll want to create a backup of the data or duplicate the form. This is because if you remove a question, the responses collected for that question will get deleted, too. 

I would suggest duplicating the form and then editing that one. After you duplicate it, you can then connect it to Google Sheets again. This will ensure you don’t lose any data on your original form!