Answered

URGENT! No responses?

• 26 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have a survey live and it seems that I already have 1 response. It tells me in the statistics that there is one start and that almost all of my questions have a view (except of the last where the responder might left the survey). 

However, in results it tells me that there is nothing! Most responses are required, so it cannot be that the participant saw all the questions but entered no data. How can that be?

If there is a major problem, I am screwed, as the survey link is already distributed.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 26 March 2021, 17:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jonas - it sounds like the users did not get to the submit button and lock in their answers. 

can you show a screen shot of the results tab with the drop off’s by question ??

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It switched now and has 100% completion with a response. But the response time was 226 minutes. So it seems they took a break and finished it? But it had a dropout at one of the last questions, so they probably closed the browser.

When a respondent does not submit the survey, there is not a way to see the answers done until the point they leave?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It switched now and has 100% completion with a response. But the response time was 226 minutes. So it seems they took a break and finished it? But it had a dropout at one of the last questions, so they probably closed the browser.

When a respondent does not submit the survey, there is not a way to see the answers done until the point they leave?

@jonas - since the platform is browser-based, until the user ‘commits’ the data into the typeform platform, by submitting the form/data, there is no way to know what the responses are - at the receiving end. 

at the user end, if they stop in the middle of a form, the answers they have selected up to that point are held in the users cache for 15 days → this means they can go back to the same survey and walk from the start on through the answers they have already given and then continue to the end and submit. 

one of the things that i have had to make sure on my own forms, is that i have to be clear in my messaging to the user to continue until they can click the submit button and their results are then recorded.. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

That can be quite frustrating and there should be a way around it by constantly submitting? One thing I learned is that survey respondents are not very reliable and we should do everything we can to mitigate human error (which there are a lot). As far as I can remember, on qualtrics you’d see partial answers. Then it’s up to the researcher whether the data can be used, but if they leave at the last question which just asks for additional feedback, its good to use it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jonas - it is possible to break a (long) typeform into a series of shorter forms and using hidden fields to pass a unique identifier to the subsequent forms so that you can tie the responses together. 

I am working on a version of this solution for a research assessment form that i have currently published that has 37 questions in 7 different question groups: I am breaking the survey into one form for each question group so that i can get the submission of the answers along the way, just in case someone gets distracted from completing the whole thing in one go.. 

just a thought

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

That’s a good workaround, but it’s probably easier for me to just use another service :) My feedback would be that this should be integrated natively to typeform.

The one survey I do is currently live, so wish me luck that everything works out. Unfortunately, I used a workaround with two surveys to have it completely anonymous, so I cannot even reach out to specific respondents and ask them to complete.

Cheers

J

Badge

I upgraded to the Plus plan immediately after paying $29 for the basic plan. So I paid extra $30 because the plus plan is $59. I have not been upgraded or even given an invoice yet my card was charged for that amount. I this a scam or what?.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I upgraded to the Plus plan immediately after paying $29 for the basic plan. So I paid extra $30 because the plus plan is $59. I have not been upgraded or even given an invoice yet my card was charged for that amount. I this a scam or what?.  

Hey @William N. we saw your post over here too:

So will reply and keep track of your issue there 😊