Contest

Create a spooky typeform for your chance to win a Typeform Business Plan + other treats 🕷️

Create a spooky typeform for your chance to win a Typeform Business Plan + other treats 🕷️
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Update - 31/10/22 - Winners revealed!

We now have our Halloween contest winners! Congratulations to @john.desborough  for his devilishly well designed entry, which wins the prize for best overall typeform 🏆 The judges loved the various different avenues this horror tale took and were impressed with the way the scary imagery was woven into the story.

Second prize goes to @derekresults for his spine-curdling tale of a road trip gone bad. The panel really dug the originality of the story and the vivid way in which it was told 🏅

Well done both, we hope you enjoy your prizes!

Stephen King is the ruler of chiller novels, John Carpenter mastered the craft of horror movies, Edgar Allan Poe penned the most petrifying poems. But no one has yet conquered the scariest story structure of them all…the terrifying typeform!

Now's your chance to put your storytelling talents to the test and create a spooky typeform – for the chance to win a free Typeform business plan, plus a (g)host of terrific runner-up prizes. 

How to enter

Simply build a hauntingly fun typeform and share it in this post for your chance to win. To make things even easier for you we've conjured up some inspiration and guidelines that will help you in your quest to build your masterpiece. Here's what you need to do:

1. Create a Halloween-themed typeform. It could be a chilling choose-your-own adventure tale, a ghoulish quiz, a horror-theme, a monster poll – wherever your imagination dares to go. Pro tip: You can make use of the image library in Typeform to search for monstrous graphics and add them directly to your typeform–  or upload your own images!

2. Come back to this page and post your typeform in the comments below. You can embed it by clicking the three dots button, choosing "Embed media" and pasting the link to your typeform.

3. Our panel of judges from the Typeform Community team will pick the best and prizes will be awarded for the following categories:

- The spookiest: best overall typeform - Typeform Business plan winner
    - Most impressive logic - mystery prize
    - Most creative concept - mystery prize
    - The one that makes us say, “I might have to sleep with my lights on tonight...” - mystery prize.

The closing date for entries is 30th October 2022, and we'll publish details of the winners here on 31 October (we'll send you a DM if you're a winner to collect your details). We'll also showcase the winning entrants on Typeform's social media channels so the world can see just how warped your minds are 👹

You can check out the contest terms and conditions here.

Want some examples of spooky typeforms? These might help get your creative juices oozing:

• Insure the Box's Halloween Quiz - a monstrously fun quiz built by a car insurance company that determines if you're an angel or a demon behind the wheel

• The Octopus -@cpeak5000 ‘s creepy choose-your-adventure story, as featured in this episode of Workspace Invaders

• Brain munchers - here's another interactive tale, forged in the mangled mind of Typeform's resident storyteller@timarlestig. Click here to install it in your own Workspace as a template to get you started with your own creation.
    ​​​​​​

If you're pretty new to building typeforms then check out the introductory guide here, and visit our Help Center for more information. Good luck!!!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Awesome idea @James ! Looking forward to seeing all the terrifying typeforms and finding out who’s the spookiest of them all!! 👻

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Awesome @James - this should generate a few good entries.. 

des

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I wish I could enter the contest, but since I am a Typeform employee, I’ll settle for sharing my creepy Halloween quiz here! I made this for an online team event in 2020 and it still gives me the chills. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@suzieq that is awesome!

Userlevel 1

Here is my Halloween story.  Your decisions are responsible for the fate of the characters involved.  Can you keep them all alive?  Proceed if you dare…

Userlevel 1

We hope you enjoy!

Userlevel 1

I found a mistake in the first version, so here is an updated link.  For some reason, it won’t let me edit or replace the post and link, so here it is, We hope you enjoy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

ok… i wasn’t going to do it but then again the construction outside is still going on all night … it’s freakin’ 3am Sunday morning and there are two excavators and a line of dump trucks out there.. 

anyhow, here’s one that I pulled together tonight.. a couple of things about the typeform:

• I am not the creative genius behind this story - I found the story thread a couple of years ago and decided to take the content from the other platform and decomposed the logic flows through a whack of re-taking the quiz 
  • I recreated the quiz inside Typeform from scratch in about 4 hours. .. and i think i got all the logic bugs out of it.. 
  • hope you have some fun.. 

NOTE - THERE ARE SOME SCARY IMAGES IN THERE… just sayin’

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@derekresults @john.desborough I don’t think I’ll be sleeping tonight after those two spooky offerings!! 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We hope you enjoy!

Wow @derekresults that really did give me the heebie jeebies 😰 A shockingly descriptive story – I made a fatal error very early on but managed to survive on my second go.

ok… i wasn’t going to do it but then again the construction outside is still going on all night … it’s freakin’ 3am Sunday morning and there are two excavators and a line of dump trucks out there..

I won’t ask why there were dump trucks and excavators outside your house at 3am - I hope there was nothing sinister behind it!!! Loving the terror tale, although again I didn’t last very long. I’m realising I’d definitely be the first of the gang to get offed if I were ever in a real life ghoulish situation. 

I wish I could enter the contest, but since I am a Typeform employee, I’ll settle for sharing my creepy Halloween quiz here! I made this for an online team event in 2020 and it still gives me the chills. 

Super cool quiz @suzieq - yeah it’s a shame employees can’t enter but rules are rules I’m afraid :P

Thanks for your entries – will convene with the judging panel and announce the winner soon. In the meantime - don’t have nightmares 👻