Meaningful

[Meaningful Mondays] Discover the workshops happening at Meaningful Conversations 🧰

[Meaningful Mondays] Discover the workshops happening at Meaningful Conversations 🧰
Userlevel 4

Hello and welcome to part three in our series on Meaningful Conversations—our free, virtual, two-day event that’s happening in just over a week on April 20 + 21, 2021! If you want to start from the beginning you can read part one here and part two here. And if you want to register for our upcoming event—which I very much hope you do!—you can sign up for free here.

This week, I’m excited to once again take you behind the scenes and share more about a parallel stream of events we’ll be running alongside the conversations we talked about last week. In addition to hearing from individuals and thought leaders on a range of topics that we feel are worth discussing, given everything that’s been going on around us for the last year plus, we’ll also be hosting a series of interactive workshops that aim to teach our attendees about our products—Typeform, VideoAsk, and/or Chat. These will all be taught by Typeform team members, customers, or a combination of both. Read on to see what community member is even teaching a workshop!! 👀 

Why? Well, let’s just say that the people spoke, and we listened. Or at least we’re trying to 😉. You—our community and event attendees—will let us know how close we came to hitting the mark!

If you joined us for our first event, Meaningful by Typeform, which happened last November, you may have caught a presentation by David Okuniev, creative genius and the founder behind Typeform and VideoAsk. During his presentation, David took us on a whirlwind tour of VideoAsk, live demo-ing the product as he presented, and even using VideoAsk as part of the presentation tool. It was a little bit Inception-y, a little bit meta, and a lot bit cool:

And our audience members? Well, they really liked it—or at least that’s what they shared in the feedback 😜. Mainly because a presentation like this gave them a chance to see how our products work in action, and get to go on a behind-the-scenes journey that they wouldn’t otherwise be able to experience. So we decided to add more sessions like these to our event roster...and even went so far to create an entirely separate event stream during Meaningful Conversations.

Workshop Structure

Each workshop happening at Meaningful Conversations will be 30 minutes long. Here’s the rough format each workshop will follow:

1. Our workshop host(s) will share their story and the successes they’ve achieved using Typeform, VideoAsk, and/or Chat.

2. Our host(s) will then live demo how they achieved that success by using Typeform, including a walk through of their workspaces and/or the templates, integrations, etc. they used to launch the project.

3. Lastly, they will demonstrate to our audience members how they can replicate this workflow/technique/template to achieve this success, too.

Plus, we’ll make sure to save time for audience Q & A at the end of each workshop. During the workshops, audience members will even be able to “hop on” stage to show their faces and ask their questions live!

So, what workshops are happening at Meaningful Conversations?

What’s listed here is just a preview of the workshops to come. Keep an eye out on our event page for the full list of workshops!

Perhaps you read @Jackie’s announcement on the launch of Chat. Well lucky for you, she and @Cristina G will be teaching a crash course of sorts on Chat—what it is and how to get the most out of it

How did Typeform’s engineering team stay on top of their knowledge sharing when the world suddenly went into lockdown? Typeform’s very own Andrei Danilov and David Salvador will be sharing how they created a remote-friendly learning community with Typeform.

We’ll also be hearing from our customers! Sandy Lin, director + founder of Small Business Tips, will be leading a workshop on “TikTok x Typeform: A Gen Z Approach to Hiring.” Learn how Sandy has used social media to create a following of over 400K for her business!

And I’m thrilled to share that resident VIP community member, @john.desborough, will be leading a workshop too! Make sure to tune in for his; it’s happening on April 21st at 3:00PM ET. It’s called Turning a Passion (Project) into a Full-Fledged Business with Typeform.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, registration is now live for our free, two-day event happening (virtually!) on April 20 + 21, 2021. We really do hope that you’ll join us for these conversations.

Stay tuned for updates on our sessions and speakers coming soon to our event website and follow—and join!—the conversation on social, #meaningfulconversations2021.

I’ll be back next Monday for our final instalment in this series before the event goes live (!!!!). In the meantime, if you have any questions, comments, feedback, ideas, you name it, feel free to drop them as comments to this post and/or leave a video or audio message here.

With gratitude,

R

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the update @rachelmkalt :thumbsup: I'm pumped for all of these sessions – especially excited to see @john.desborough dazzle us all in his workshop. I don't want to put him "under pressure" but I'm already predicting this being the greatest live show since Freddie at Live Aid 🎤

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the update @rachelmkalt :thumbsup: I'm pumped for all of these sessions – especially excited to see @john.desborough dazzle us all in his workshop. I don't want to put him "under pressure" but I'm already predicting this being the greatest live show since Freddie at Live Aid 🎤

@rachelmkalt - thanks for the props! I hope I can live up to the expectations.

@James - i agree.. i think the Meaning roster is packed with great material and it will be close to living up to Freddie’s (and Queen’s) Live Aid show. (and now i want my walk-on music to be Under Pressure)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m looking forward to the 2 day session and all the great topics the workshop leaders are presenting, @rachelmkalt . 

Congrats @john.desborough on leading one of the workshop topics - I can’t wait to attend and learn more on your topic - I’ve been wanting to do this but haven’t invested the time to figure out how. 

@James You have to play the song now as part of des’s intro :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vickioneill ( @James ) 

i am ready to go.. with or without someone else putting the walk-on music in place: 

ready Freddie? Let’s go!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahah love the walk on music @john.desborough 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks for the overview @rachelmkalt !

+1 on the excitement for the workshops :raised_hands_tone3:  
Also, can't wait to finally see what you look like @john.desborough and put a face to the name :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Buzzing about your talk tomorrow (I'm missing watching my football team play to come watch you – although it's probably doing me a favour :see_no_evil: ) Hope we can figure out a way to blast that intro out before you come on. Are you gonna be performing with a mic stand like Freddie's BTW? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough Buzzing about your talk tomorrow (I'm missing watching my football team play to come watch you – although it's probably doing me a favour :see_no_evil: ) Hope we can figure out a way to blast that intro out before you come on. Are you gonna be performing with a mic stand like Freddie's BTW? 

Hah! set the PVR … just don’t get me started on the new ‘super league’ … lol.. and in keeping with the humble nature of my personality, we can skip the music and i will just slip in quietly lol.

looking forward to the sessions across the agenda - it’s a fantastic program!

Badge +5

TODAY IS THE DAY! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I already have the window pulled up and ready to go, @Gabriel  ! 

Also started following you on LinkedIn @john.desborough. So NOW I know what you look like 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I already have the window pulled up and ready to go, @Gabriel  ! 

Also started following you on LinkedIn @john.desborough. So NOW I know what you look like 😊

not the similarity between the avatar here and that profile pic.. the pic for the Meaningful workshop splits the difference.. lol

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Haha, really smart @vickioneill !

I'll tune in from home (it'll be evening time for us over here). Really excited about Day 2!

Loved all the sessions I saw yesterday :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough bravo sir! Your prezzo was well worth missing the second half of the Bristol City game for (it's 1-1 if anyone's interested). Succinctly presented with your trademark plenty of wit and wisdom 😃 Go pour yourself a stiff cup of Colombian to celebrate. And a glass of red wine. And a Guiness.

We'll put up the recording once we have it for folks on here to watch. I think it's a super interesting and expertly executed use case that can help spark off a million ideas from the community in terms of harnessing the power of payments, variables, logic Google Sheets and Document Studio. 

Thanks from all of us for sharing!

Badge +5

Amazing work, Des. Take a bow, sir. 🙇🏻

So proud of you being our community representative at the Meaningful Event. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough bravo sir! Your prezzo was well worth missing the second half of the Bristol City game for (it's 1-1 if anyone's interested). Succinctly presented with your trademark plenty of wit and wisdom 😃 Go pour yourself a stiff cup of Colombian to celebrate. And a glass of red wine. And a Guiness.

We'll put up the recording once we have it for folks on here to watch. I think it's a super interesting and expertly executed use case that can help spark off a million ideas from the community in terms of harnessing the power of payments, variables, logic Google Sheets and Document Studio. 

Thanks from all of us for sharing!

thank you @James - i was wondering what the score was actually lol.. 

I am very humbled to have been asked to present and the fact that i was able to try and show that it IS possible to take an idea, however simple - like printing a t-shirt, and use Typeform to create a simple effective store front. 

(and effective to the point that there is one order that come in already!! woohoo!!) 

I appreciate ALL THE SUPPORT from you folks here at Typeform in the community have provided and the opportunity to learn how others are using or trying to use the tool to make it do really neat things. Kudos to the company for making the investment in this site and the time of people to help us become successful in using the tool(s). 

cheers.. (celebratory beverage for later - now the 5 yr old demands attention lol)

Meaningful has been a tremendous collection of sessions - I have watched as many as i could and I am impressed. Well done to @rachelmkalt and team for pulling this together!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Amazing work, Des. Take a bow, sir. 🙇🏻

So proud of you being our community representative at the Meaningful Event. 

@Gabriel - good enough>?? lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And with all my anticipation, preparations and excitement…..I missed it!  This was THE one topic I couldn’t wait to see. 

Do you know when the recording be available, @john.desborough ? I’m so sorry I missed you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

And with all my anticipation, preparations and excitement…..I missed it!  This was THE one topic I couldn’t wait to see. 

Do you know when the recording be available, @john.desborough ? I’m so sorry I missed you!

@vickioneill - per @James it will be posted soon.. i would like to see it as well - just to know how I actually do come across lol..  thanks for the kinds words and thoughts. Let’s hope the recording lives up to the hype from above lol

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do you know when the recording be available, @john.desborough ? I’m so sorry I missed you!

@vickioneill - per @James it will be posted soon.. i would like to see it as well - just to know how I actually do come across lol..  thanks for the kinds words and thoughts. Let’s hope the recording lives up to the hype from above lol

des

I’m confident it does, @john.desborough 😊. Looking forward to seeing and learning from it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

incredible last speaker Dr. Julia Garcia… so many things in her session but what resonated with me the most, is “it’s the ‘maybe’ that keeps me moving”… 

fantastic sessions all across the two days. watch them all.. i know i missed several and need to catch up when they are posted but HUGE shout out to the entire Typeform team involved.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

incredible last speaker Dr. Julia Garcia… so many things in her session but what resonated with me the most, is “it’s the ‘maybe’ that keeps me moving”… 

fantastic sessions all across the two days. watch them all.. i know i missed several and need to catch up when they are posted but HUGE shout out to the entire Typeform team involved.. 

des

Cheers @john.desborough and hear, hear. All of the sessions I attended were ace. A real smorgasbord of different topics by such a diverse set of speakers. Loved it. Congrats to everyone involved especially @rachelmkalt who I'm hoping is having a nice long lie-in today! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Joining the party a bit late (but batter late than never!) and just wanted to say, I enjoyed your workshop very much @john.desborough - great job!! And loved how you managed to do it in an entertaining way too :clap_tone3:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Joining the party a bit late (but batter late than never!) and just wanted to say, I enjoyed your workshop very much @john.desborough - great job!! And loved how you managed to do it in an entertaining way too :clap_tone3:

@Nasia- so very kind of you. I am looking forward to watching the performance as well.. once the recordings are available… I was actually really pleased with the ability to be able to use Typeform as the actual presentation platform - I was not sure if I was ‘technically’ going to be able to pull it off. But very happy with that.. 

Now I will be carving time out to watch all the sessions i missed!!