Meaningful

Meaningful Mondays: Meet BrightAct and our "Dear Neighbor" typeform about domestic violence

• 22 June 2021
  • 5 replies
Meaningful Mondays: Meet BrightAct and our "Dear Neighbor" typeform about domestic violence
Userlevel 1

Hey community :heart_eyes: 

I’m Elinor Samuelsson and together with Sofie Wahlström, we are the founders of BrightAct. Find out about our design sprint and if curious watch our Meaningful Conversations talk.

The Silent Voices you Don't Hear

If you know 3 women, at least 1 will be subjected to sexual or physical violence in her lifetime. There are still many families who suffer in silence, where less than 60% seek help of any sort. 

Typeform has joined forces with BrightAct to change this.

BrightAct - Tech to Address Domestic Violence

BrightAct is a Swedish :flag_se: impact startup that builds thoughtful tech to break the cycle of domestic violence, globally. Our mission is to save lives and help families living in unsafe homes. 

We do this by gathering all support in one place, so it's available wherever you are, whenever you need it. We design apps to guide help seekers to safety, and build a platform to bring the public sector, help organisations and academia together to innovate for society :earth_americas:

Introducing “Dear Neighbor”

“Dear Neighbor” is a collaboration between Typeform and BrightAct. Sofie and I worked together with a team of Typeformers to create an awareness campaign that empowers the community to become a lifeline for someone you worry about. The idea is to inform neighbors about the types of domestic violence and how you can act. 

🧡 Help us save lives by adding your anonymous response 🧡

Click here -> Dear Neighbor” :heart_eyes:

This typeform will contribute to a Data Visualization for your neighborhood. 

Learn More in our Meaningful Conversation 

I invite you to listen to our Meaningful Conversations talk, from the Typeform event in April, to increase your knowledge about domestic violence, so you can better look out for people in your community that you care about. 

You will gain insights on:

• Cycles of abuse and how to spot signs of domestic violence

• How to communicate with someone you worry is subjected to abuse

• Where to find support and resources in society

Thank you for making a difference 🧡

With kindness, 

Sofie and Elinor, Founders of BrightAct

https://www.brightact.org/ 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ElinorSamuelsson - a very important topic. thank you for posting!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks a lot for sharing @ElinorSamuelsson . This is a great cause, and I’m very impressed with what you’ve managed to create in such a relatively short space of time. Good luck with it!!

Badge +5

Such a great initiative @ElinorSamuelsson . Congrats and thanks for sharing here in the community 🌟🌟🌟

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ElinorSamuelsson Thank you for sharing! Your meaningful talk was wonderful, and I’m really happy for the initiative you’re taking on this topic. :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I am very moved by this, @ElinorSamuelsson. Thank you, ladies, for the great work that you’re doing and for sharing it with us :pray: