News

New product announcement! The future of forms is...formless ✨

New product announcement! The future of forms is...formless ✨
Userlevel 2

Hey Typeform Community 👋

I just wanted to pop by with a quick but exciting update on a new product from Typeform, which we're releasing into private today –  formless

Back when I co-founded Typeform in 2012 our vision was to reshape forms. Instead of resembling mundane laundry lists of questions, we wanted them to feel like engaging, real-life conversations (just like in the 80s movie “War Games”). Over the next few years we grew Typeform into a product that could go some way to help us achieve this vision.

Now, thanks to the availability of AI and Large Language Models we're able to take a big step closer to our vision of creating a genuinely conversational form, one that not only asks questions but also reacts to your responses and answers any queries you might have — just like a real conversation.

Formless is an expression of what a form product could look like if it were entirely AI-driven.

The result is the world's first fully conversational form product which I'm thrilled to announce that we're launching into private beta today.

Here are my thoughts on my journey from Typeform's birth to Formless here if you're interested in hearing more:

https://lnkd.in/dr4dCEUP

If you want to try out formless, please join the waitlist on https://formless.ai

We can't wait to see what you'll build with the new tool. Let us know your thoughts and feel free to share your creations with us here!

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Great!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@alexisatmoka @bonvoayge @AmbigramPL formless updates for you all!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I already tried it, it's great for making conversations!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@olas 

Glad to hear it! If you’d like to share your Formless, we’d love to see it! How are you using it so far? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It's great for sparking creative conversations and exploring people's thoughts on a specific topic. I only had to give him the main idea "tell me about effective leadership" and the tool carried the conversation to obtain the interviewee's ideas. I think it is very useful to obtain deep answers about ideas or concepts.

The form I used is this: In Spanish because it is my work language: https://formless.ai/c/KvRjnrQ6DmcR

I just had to give it the main idea, the tool did it all!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
For my concept it is very important that people realize that formless is useful to obtain qualitative ideas on a topic and that you can do it to a large number of people. In that sense, if your idea is to handle questions with closed answers, this is not the best option. If you are not afraid of open questions and people expanding on their answers, this is your tool! (also because you can use the AI ​​to group the open answers into meaningful concepts).Until now forms with default or closed options exist to make it easier to process the results. "interviewing" people as if it were a real conversation is a new paradigm and gets closer to the way people think!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @olas Oh this is really cool! Thank you for sharing. I love the language options right at the beginning. 

Do you find that people have an easier time filling out this form since it feels more conversational? 

@dokuniev 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hola @Liz Baker @dokuniev 

For people it will be easier, that's for sure. But everything will depend on the objectives of the person asking. Closed options will always be the first option if I want to statistically analyze the data. This option is very good for qualitative studies, when I want to investigate deeper motivations that do not appear in closed questionnaires.

It would be very interesting if the tool itself provides tools to carry out conceptual analysis of the responses. OPenAI's GPT Chat does it.

Would it be possible for this application to have the option to analyze text and group it by important topics? That would be great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dokuniev might have some info on whether or not that will be possible!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey, hello everyone! 

Cate here, part of the amazing team who’s working on Formless new product 😃

Hey @olas , thanks so much for your comment.

About the type of use, you’re right, there are specific application where typeform works better, as you mentioned research, but also certain type of feedback, or tests. With formless you don’t have control over how questions are asked, and also the flow of the conversation can vary from one to the other. The best application for it is when you need to engage with the audience, you want to provide them answers to their questions, and in general when you want to build a really personalized experience. This is a good fit for many marketing activities, more unstructured feedback, sales activities and so on! :) 

About the analysis part, yes, we will! The team is currently working on a new feature, called DataPilot. This will allow to analyse open text responses (as multiple choice too, they are now available also in Formless ;) ), build charts, tables, and share the results with your team.

Are you already in our Private Beta? In the product you can leave many feedback, also about this feature (there is a specific section under “DataPilot”).

If not, glad to add you if you wish, any feedback is really precious at this stage!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @cate.anti 

Hello, I'm in the beta version. The datapilot thing seems very important to me.
In any case, it is very gratifying to be in this new way of asking people.

Thank you! Thank you!