• 25 April 2023
  • 20 replies
⏯️ Rewatch VideoAsk Academy - Breaking the ice with VideoAsk
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Community Advocate
  • 2026 replies

Hey everyone and happy Friday!

Yesterday we kicked off the first ever live VideoAsk Academy session and we had an absolute blast! 🤩

I was joined by fellow VideoAsk expert @andrew_videoask  to give you the lowdown on how to kick off your VideoAsk journey, and build a lead capture videoask.

We talked about:

• What is VideoAsk?
  • How to build a lead capture videoask
  • Sharing and integrating your videoask
  • How are others using VideoAsk?

📹 If you missed the session, you can watch the recording back here:

🛝 Click here to download the slide deck!

Relevant resources:

We discussed so much during this episode, here are some useful links to help you get started:

Example lead capture videoask (that we built live)

Answer types

How to share your videoask

VideoAsk integrations

Zapier

Make

Analyze the drop off rate of your videoask

Tag your conversations

VideoAsk API documentation

Get inspired:

Catch up on our VideoAsk Voyagers chat with Jan Keck here 

Check out Darnell Brown’s videoask of the month here

Discover more tips and tricks via our VideoAsk Guides

Watch back: Hack Together - Craft a testimonial video using APIs

I think we managed to answer everyone’s questions, but if we didn’t get to you or you have more, feel free to drop them in the comments below!

A massive thanks to everyone that joined us live, it was great to see so many of you interested in learning about VideoAsk! And a huge shout out to @jkmorton for keeping up with the chat (once we got it working 🤪)

Let us know what you’d like to learn about next time, we’d love to hear your feedback! 

Note: This post was originally published as a preview before the workshop took place and has been updated on May 5th to include the recording and resources.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We better see you there, @john.desborough 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

i’m registered.. and now to keep other wolves at bay...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank goodness for catch up hey @john.desborough! We’ll post the recording here after just in case anyone misses it 😄

VideoAsk Academy seems like an excellent resource for individuals or businesses looking to improve their communication skills and connect with their audience through engaging and interactive video content. The "Breaking the Ice with VideoAsk" course appears to be a great starting point for beginners, as it provides practical tips and strategies for creating effective video content that can help you establish a strong connection with your viewers. The course is well-structured, easy to follow, and includes various examples and exercises to practice what you learn. Overall, I would recommend VideoAsk Academy to anyone interested in improving their video communication skills.

Looking forward to it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Looking forward to it!

Thanks for registering @Garry E 😊 see you there!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Really pumped for this one @Grace and @andrew_videoask 🤗 Can’t wait to see you demo all this! Also really hoping you fulfil your promise of doing a rap battle at the end of the presentation 😝

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t know what you’re talking about @James …. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great job @Grace @andrew_videoask I really enjoyed the session (albeit without the rap battle)!! And thanks too to @jkmorton for somehow managing to keep up with all the chat questions 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ahh I would’ve LOVED to attend but had a scheduling conflict with my own webinar that I was hosting. DEFINITELY gonna watch this, this weekend though. Thanks for this @Grace !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh @Darnell hope your webinar went well! 🤗 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ahh I would’ve LOVED to attend but had a scheduling conflict with my own webinar that I was hosting. DEFINITELY gonna watch this, this weekend though. Thanks for this @Grace !!

@Darnell - @Grace and @andrew_videoask did a great job in the session.. unfortunately i had to leave at half time (the beer concession took too long ...) and I am looking forward to seeing if the rap battle happened at the end.. 

well done Team VideoAsk… 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Here’s a proposition for you: When you launch your first videoask, we’ll send you our rap battle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough Here’s a proposition for you: When you launch your first videoask, we’ll send you our rap battle.

challenge accepted @andrew_videoask 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha @andrew_videoask @john.desborough what an incentive! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ooh @Darnell hope your webinar went well! 🤗 

@Grace  thanks, it DID! It was the 3rd time within 3 weeks that I gave it (to different attendees each time, of course.)

And actually, my webinar was 1 hr after yours started but I had to use that hour prior to prep, ensure all of the tech was good, and study my materials.

And appreciate the heads-up, @john.desborough. Can’t believe you’ve never done a VideoAsk at this point, ha! But I know you’re pretty big on Typeform and it’s all one big family (I think).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

And appreciate the heads-up, @john.desborough. Can’t believe you’ve never done a VideoAsk at this point, ha! But I know you’re pretty big on Typeform and it’s all one big family (I think).

@Darnell - too many Typeforms, not enough time lol.. and the fact that this mug would scare folks away from anything i was trying to do .. 

BUT for this challenge, I will make an exception.. soon.. lol.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@john.desborough I hear ya, man! I’m looking forward to creating several more Typeforms and VideoAsk during these remaining 7 months of the year. And you know I’ll share them with y’all for feedback.

Will finally be sitting down to watch Breaking the Ice with VideoAsk this evening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Who knew rap battles would be the ultimate incentive to get people creating more forms 🤣

Glad it’s all going well your end @Darnell sounds like a jam-packed schedule as always for both you and @john.desborough, excited to see what you both cook up though! And as always we’re here to help if needed 🙌