Answered

Add guests to an event invitation

• 29 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Typeform,

Out client is thinking about using Typeform to send their event invitations. 

If we assume that an event invitation is a Typeform for registering one recipient, in the current solution that recipient can add guests in their response. Those guest will also receive the link to the invitation.

I wonder if this is possible in Typeform.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 December 2022, 15:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @mobedi ! How are you sending the invitations? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Liz,

We use a marketing automation tool to email the invitation to selected customers. When they register (submit the Typeform) there is an option (for some events) to add X number of guests to the event. In the previous tool, those guests received the same email invitation. But that would be difficult to manage for the automaton tool, I suppose. 

So, I’m wondering if Typeform can add those guests to the respondents, preferably mark them as guests and that those guests will get the confirmation email as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mobedi Do you mind sharing what the tool is? You could add another email address field to the form, and then depending on which tool you’re using, send all of those emails to the automation tool. Most likely, you would need to use Zapier for this. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Liz!

The other Marketing Automation tool is Braze. And instead of Zapier, we are going to use MS Power Automate, which is capable of doing the same work.

You mentioned that it is possible to add another email address to the form. Is it possible for TypeForm to send a custom email (could be very simple and in plaintext) to those email addresses? Because if we send those guest email addresses to the Zapier or Power Automate, they should also notify Braze to send the invitation again to the guests. Of course, this is a bit too much to expect of TypeForm. But the previous tool (APSIS) had this option and now the our client expects the same functionality, if not more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mobedi - Typeform is not an ESP … the notification to respondents form will only allow you to select one recipient - even if you pass in an email via hidden fields and have an email question, the outbound notification from Typeform allows you to choose only 1 

as @Liz said, you would have to use some other tool to get the email sent out after you submit the details in the form. 

one option might be to look at Document Studio, an add on for Google Sheets: connect your typeform with a google sheet and then set up document studio to send out an email to all the email addresses that it finds in the data record submitted. 

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @john.desborough and @Liz! Thank you for the inputs. I know now what to answer our client. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know if you think of anything else, @mobedi !