Answered

Add minimum number constraints In Number type question

• 27 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have 2 questions in my TypeForm consecutively. Both are Number type question's. 

So in the second question's number’s minimum range I want to add a constraints so that respondents has to type in a number that is greater than what they typed in the previous question.

For Example in Question a. respondent’s typed 300 then in Question b. the number range would be 301-99999.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Liz 27 March 2024, 15:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @test4567 Oh this is interesting - thanks for asking. We do have a minimum and maximum constraint you can place on that field: 

but we don’t have a way to set this automatically based on the previous answer. You could create multiple versions of the number question with varying constraints and use logic jumps to show the relevant one, but that would be a bit of work. 

Do you mind sharing a bit more about your use case for this? I’ll pass it along to the product team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @test4567 ! I just started learning how Formless works, and it might be possible to set up this kind of calculation in Formless. If you’ve got the time to give it a try, I’d definitely recommend it!